Imagination

You fell in love with someone else
The way you look at her isn't me
The way you smile when you see her name pop up on your screen, that girl you see, it isn't me. It never was, I was never who you thought I'd be, I was a fiction of your imagination, your mind creating me, for I was just another Demon running up and down your sleeves, cuting deep into your dreams. Everything you told me, I already knew, the face you drew was not the same girl as me. The pictures in your memory are just a shadow among the bright light of your eyes. You never noticed me when I left you, slipped away in the night, where shadows lurk and movement isn't detected for Days. I found pieces of what was left of me, you moved on to someone besides her, which I always knew, you said no one made you feel this way so why do you say the same to her? She was her name, she liked what you offered to her, you found comfort in the sound of her name. Perfection was what it was, and it was only in your eyes, you couldn't see the connections met within your dreams. You only saw what was left of the piece of me, you fell in love with her the same way you fell for me. Maybe what I said to you never meant a thing, maybe it was just a dream to fade away, the movement slowed as you leaned in and closed your eyes and felt something that made you think, something was different and you liked it that way. You gave away all those pieces of me and sold my soul for cotton candy and my bones for rotten teeth. The apple of your eye was sugar coated and you never tell the truth, you let lies deceive what could have been true. I leave you with this thought, what was I to you? Another fiction of your imagination, to wild to be pinned down and examined, or was I another mistake you needed to release, like a wild animal you let go free.