Chapter 46

"Loving him was red

"Loving him was red."

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

"C'mon, baby, out you go... Wait! Wait, let me get you. There's a grate here. Don't want you to get caught and fall," I gently grasp Eveleigh's hips, her hands softly resting on my shoulders, and lift her out of the car, maneuvering her to safety onto the sidewalk before shutting the car door behind her. Tossing the keys to the valet, I give him a stern, warning glare that said wreck my car and I wreck your life, before my hand rests on the small of Eveleigh's back.

"Now, I want you to get whatever you want tonight, baby. It's your special day and I want to spoil you so don't even look at the prices, okay?" I place a kiss onto her head through her curls as I lead the way into the dimly lit, very fancy, romantic restaurant.

"Ooh! Instead of the regular baked potato, I'll get it loaded then!" She licks her lips and nearly bounces up and down in her spot as we wait in line.

"Okay, sweet girl. Don't go too crazy there," I laugh at her cuteness, shaking my head at her way of spoiling herself was a loaded baked potato.

Finally, we get to the host stand and a bored looking man is standing there, messing with his iPad. After standing there patiently for a good minute without him looking up, I finally clear my throat loudly to get his attention. "One moment, sir," I shockingly earn a heavy sigh, a hand in my face, and a disrespectful eye roll along with his words.

Being taken aback at the blatant disrespect, it takes everything in me not to strangle the man with the very tie around his scrawny, little neck and ruin Eveleigh's birthday dinner. I think my eye twitches as I imagine his murder because Eveleigh's hand reaches up and begins to soothingly rub my chest.

"How can I help you?" His posh voice is monotone and grates on my every last nerve as he continues to tap on the iPad in his hands, flickering his eyes back and forth from the dining room to the tablet.