Chapter Twenty-One (pt. 1)

Start from the beginning

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...?"

"C'mere, Keithy." Lance grabbed my hand and led me to a chair, sliding it out for me. I sat down hesitantly and after he pushed me in, Lance sat down himself.

"Lance what is this..?"

"I just want to appreciate my boyfriend!" He said, highly amused.

"W-well okay, but, like, you've never done anything like this before. Why now?"

"Mmm. Today's special!" He decided.

"Special how?"

"I don't know. Just had a feeling something would happen today."

"What do you think will happen?"

"I don't know.."

The date went like any other date, but I was nervous for some reason. It was sO intimate it felt like it was suffocating me. Of course I enjoyed it, but I felt like at any moment something life changing would happen. I couldn't quite place my finger on it.

(Le time skip brought to you by Jeremy Shada bc I luf him)

Now I felt like I was drowning in it. I was scared. My palms were sweaty and I could hear my heart hammering in my chest.

Suddenly Lance's eyes widened as he looked above me and stood up abruptly, smiling.

"Keith, look!"

I turned around and through the glass ceiling you could see a meteor shower happening. It was beautiful and I was immediately captivated by it.

(Lance was captivated by something else 😏)

Lances POV

I hadn't expected a meteor shower, but it was just perfect. I looked at Keith and though, he's perfect.

I did what had to be done, but accidentally made a noise of nervousness. This caused Keith to whip around his eyes going wide.

Keiths POV

I heard a noise come from Lance and turned to make sure he was okay, but what I saw left my eyes bulging in their sockets.

There Lance was, on one knee, fumbling in his pocket, and pulled out a box.

"So uuuuh. Hey, Keith. It has been a bit over a year since I was blessed with your pressence. The best year of my life. I always had a rough time on Earth, struggled with Depression. I never knew what to do with my life. I just. Couldn't see past a year or two. But then the galra happened. You swooped into my life, took my hand, and acted as an anchor. You made life easier for me, and I can't thank you enough for that. Somewhere between this journey I fell in love with you-"

He paused before taking a big gulp of air.

," and honestly, I've dated before. I always get to attached to people, and it hurts when they are gone. And Keith. I love you so much. I don't want you to ever leave m-me. I want you to stay by my side, and I want to do the same for you. I want to wake up every morning with you in my arms. Whisper goodmorning to you and give you kissed. God I want to give you so many kisses!"

He chuckled and I slowly knelt down to his level as I felt tears spring my eyes. I stared him in the eyes,

"Continue." I urged.

"And honestly. I want you to do the same. I want to reassure you on your worst days, on your best ones. I want to love you, hold you, be with you. I want to be yours, and I want you to be mine. So. Keith Kogane, my good sir, would you do me the honor of being mine..?"

He held up the box to reveal a diamond and amethyst ring. It was beautiful. I held a hand to my mouth as a sob escaped. I didn't trust my voice so I just nodded eagerly.

"Yes? Keith. Please, I need you to say it.."

"Y-ye s" my voice broke, as expected.

"R-really!?"

"Oh my god, Lance, yES!" I started crying and jumped into his lap, squeezing him into a hug.

Lance started crying as well and we sat there until the door slid open.

"So????" Asked Allura anxiously.

Shiro and Alfor came up behind her and all watched them.

In answer Lance raised my left hand delicately and slowly placed the ring on my ring finger, earning gasps.

Suddenly I was hugged by Shiro and Allura practically tackled Lance as they rolled around on the floor, crying.

"S-see! I t-told yo-u he would say ye-yes!!!" Allura cried.

"I can't believe it!" Shiro wailed.

Alfor cleared his throat and asked me to come forward. I looked hesitantly at Lance and he nodded encouragingly.

I walked towards and stopped in front of the King. Suddenly, the king bowed, which took everyone by surprise.

"Welcome to the family, Keith."

I felt tears prick my eyes.

A family. That has a nice ring to it.

"Thank you" I breathed.

I know this chapter kinda sucks but I am half asleep and am trying my best :')
_

__

Also you should check out my one shot book if you're interested:/