Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I do the only thing I could do. I put on a dress. A shorter one than he told me to, hoping to please him. I exit the bathroom and walk over to the desk Loki had been reading at.

"My king, I have failed you. I do not know what chores to do. I was not paying close attention when you explained them to me. Please, punish me however you see fit." I sigh dropping my eyes to my feet.

"Tsk tsk. I will go over them 1 more time. But, you will be punished after that and I shall show no mercy. Do you understand?" He asks anger seeping through his voice.

"Yes my lord."

***

After he went over the rules and chores again he walked me over to his desk.

Loki pointed to a spot on the floor, "you will kneel wherever I sit, okay?" He asks tentatively.

"Yes sit." I state. I kneel and feel him pat my head.

"Good girl, you shall do your chores after dinner."

I nod my head. A few minutes later there was a faint knock at the door, I look at Loki for permission and he tilts his head, "of course."

I stand up quickly and tug my dress a little lower. I walk to the door and open it to find the king of Asgard, Odin.

"My king," I say gesturing him in.

"Where is Loki?" He asks turning towards me. I shut the door and look around.

"He was over at his desk a minute ago," I say with a puzzled look on my face.

I feel an icy touch on the small of my back that leaves me tingling all over.

"Yes father?" Loki asks towering over me. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him so that I am pressed against his chest.

"I came to thank you for the servants, I see you have trained yours rather well." He says tilting his head over to me. I look down, embarrassed.

"You're welcome, now if you will excuse us, I need to teach, umm..." He thinks for a moment, "Iris a new lesson."

How did he guess my name?

"Of course!" Odin says with a smile on his face. I open the door and let him out. Then close it silently.

I expect to see Loki going back to his desk but instead he is right behind me.

He reaches a hand under my chin and traces my bottom lip with his thumb, "you did well, considering you had no idea what to do with another member of royalty. I am very proud of you."

"Thank you." I feel my legs start to tremble, did him just touching me do this to me?

"I think you've redeemed yourself from kneeling anymore." He whispers into my ear, "how about a quick shower?"

I nod eagerly, "yes my lord, please." I say with a graceful tone.

He takes my hand and leads me into the bathroom where he draws a bath.

"I'll go get you some nightwear, turn off the taps, please. If you don't you will have one hell of a mess to clean up." He says walking out of the room.

I can't help but smile.

I do as I'm told, and slip out of my dress. I climb into the bath and am immediately relaxed.

"Is that the right temperature?" Loki coos from the other side of the room. He's leaning on the door frame with a pair of leather pants and a green tunic, in his hands. "I'm not sure how mortals like it, you are my first one."

"It's perfect." I say with a grin on my face. I suddenly realize how exposed my chest is and I try to cover up with my arms.

"Darling, your best interest is to not hide your body from me. I promise to be gentle, at first." He says. A smirk grows on his face and I drop my arms.

"That's better. Here," he sets the clothes on the counter, "are some clothes to change into. Be out in 10 minutes, understood?"

I nod. He leaves the room and I let out a long breath. He's actually, nice.