→ q u a t r e

It's been two weeks since I got back to Lagos and I can't say it's been super amazing.

I mean it has, in a way but not so amazing. Dad isn't even back yet. Mom said he was due to travel back next week. He's actually in Germany for a workshop; he's a Petrochemical Engineer, my dad.

I really, really, really miss him, I mean my dad's pretty awesome and the best part about his travels are the gifts he brings back with him. We've spoken thrice, sadly because its hard to, different time zones and all that.

Then there's Jon. We've talked pretty much every time he's come over to the house to hang with T, sorry, Tayo — Jon likes to call him T — though there's still this mysterious aura surrounding him but no one's willing to tell me anything and I'm kindof pissed off at having to ask. A lot. I can't shake off this feeling I've got that something really terrible happened to him.

And he, of course, tries to play it off with his whole jovial, without-a-care-in-the-world  façade but I'm determined to find out what's up with him.

Kind of told Chuba about it and though he acted weird about it for a minute, he said he'd try to help. He thinks I should try to get closer to him which will make him vulnerable and probably get   him to open up about his ‘mysterious’ past.

The idea seems okay, alright, but the issue is: I want to get closer to him and not just to find out about his past. I think I might be attracted to him and it scares the hell out of me because I haven't been interested in anyone for a really, really long time now and the last time I was remotely interested in anyone.... it didn't really.. really end on a good note and.... yeah, and,  it isn't just because Jon looks good — trust me, he looks really good— but I just feel I can trust him and that doesn't come easy for me.

Now, I'm not saying I want him to ask me out or anything like that, I just want to be friends... with him. A really close one.

Either way, Its 11:34pm and I'm kind of an Insomniac, so I grab my laptop from the small desk beside my bathroom door and search for something funny to watch.

Finally decide on Central  Intelligence though its not actually a full-blown comedy but it has Kevin Hart in it and face it, who doesn't love Kevin Hart?

Few minutes into it, a text pops up on my phone from an unknown number.

×××× ××× ××××»

Hey.

Well that's weird, but I reply anyway.

Uhmm, hi?

×××× ××× ××××»

Okay, I guess T didn't mention
anything to you. It's Jon.

Omg, that's when it clicks. I remember Tayo saying something about Jon taking my number yesterday but I wasn't exactly paying attention. I save his number and quickly type up a reply.

OhI'm sorry.
He said something but I
Wasn't exactly paying
attention. Must've missed
it