"I can't take it anymore. I can't take being in this world, a world where I know I'm not wanted. I look at myself and I wonder why I'm here. What purpose do I have being on this planet? What's the point of being here when I have no one. My.. My own dad left me", she started off, but stopped for a split second. After regaining her voice she began once more. "My own mother blamed me for his abandonment. She beat me, belted me, and burned me. Her boyfriend did things to me as I laid there and took it. Y..You don't understand the pain I have been through. Everything I do to myself is for a reason. I just want to be alone. I want to be by myself, but being alone is the only thing I know how to do." 

I stared at her. I couldn't say anything. What do you say to something like that? Sage has been through more than I can possibly ever think and having her confess some of her feelings was hard to listen to. She has been alone. The day I left her she was alone for all those months. Ever since her dad left her she was alone with her mother and that basterd of her mother's boyfriend. I can't blame her for wanting to end her life. 

"You have us, Sage. You're not alone anymore. You have myself and Jesse. Alexander is there as well and so is Mark. You don't have to be alone not anymore", Ryan said, speaking his thoughts. 

Sage let out a humorless laugh, her eyes falling over to me. "I'm not alone anymore. Tell them how much of a joke that is Mark. You left me once before it's only a matter of time before you leave again. Ryan and Jesse are going to get tired of me really soon and they are going to send me away", she started, her head then turning to look at Alexander who standing in the corner of the room. "And Alexander is nothing but an asshole! I don't want any of you here! Do you not understand that? I want to be alone. I want to be in peace!" She yelled, tears now streaming down her face. 

"Sage.." Ryan said as he took steps towards her. He tried to take her hands but Sage stopped him by pushing his hands away. When he tired to grab her again she began to freak out and lash out. She brought her hands and began to bang them against his chest, trying to push him away.  "Sage! Sage, calm down!" He tried to reason with her. 

"No! Stop! Just leave me alone! You should have left me to die!" She shouted, her body now struggling against Ryan's hold.  

"Call the doctor in now! She needs to calm down!" Ryan shouted. 

Within seconds I was out of the seat and out the door calling for any nurse or doctor that was around. When I got the doctor's attention I told him what was happening and in seconds he was rushing into Sage's room barking orders around. I chose to stand outside in the room and watch from the door. The way the nurses and Ryan held her struggling body to the bed was hard to see. When the doctor injected her to calm her down that was when I had enough. I stood long enough to see her body slowly relax onto the bed and gray eyes close before I decided to shut the door in front of me. 

"She went back to sleep." I heard someone say after a few minutes of me leaning against the hospital wall. 

Turning my head I came into view with a tired looking Alexander. Not bothering to answer him I just nodded my head and turned away to continue to stare at the clock that hung on the wall. I didn't want to talk to anyone not for the rest of the night that Sage will be here. What she had said eariler about being alone and how everyone leaves her was right. I did leave her and she was alone. I should have taken her with me, but what was an eighteen year old going to do with a fifteen year old. It was better for her to stay behind where someone was looking after her. I couldn't allow her to be around on the streets. I just couldn't allow that to happen. I wanted to visit her so many times, but I knew that if I did I wouldn't be able to leave without her. 

"It's been a long night, dude. Why don't you go on ahead and head on home. I'm sure my dad or Jesse will call you if anything were to happen to Sage", Alexander said.