Chapter Eight: Chocolate Heaven

Hey, sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoy!

-SweetestHeart-

Vote. Comment. Fan

20 VOTES!!

Chapter Eight: Chocolate Heaven

                As much as I loved my sister, I didn’t like shopping with her, especially for ‘essentials’ for her wedding. Basically, she was looking for bridesmaids dresses in the local mall, which seemed to have enough shops to suit the Queen of England, but there weren’t any shops that suited my sisters dire need for blue dresses. Liv only had three bridesmaids, including myself, plus the Maid of Honour, who had fallen ill (hence the need for me to go with her). We’d shopped around six dress shops already and looked at every kind of blue there could possibly be, but they were never the right blue or the right style.

                Our seventh shop was called ‘Dress to Impress: Brides and Groom’ and the window dressing told me that it was pretty expensive, even though the title of the shop sounded like some crap magazine that you’d get free with the newspaper. I didn’t really know what to expect when I walked in there.

                “Good afternoon,” greeted the woman, name-tagged Barbara, who walked over to us, “can I help you with anything?”

                “I wanted to know if you have four blue bridesmaids dresses,” Liv asked the woman, “I’m not sure what shade of blue yet; probably a light blue.”

                “Oh, we have lots of blue dresses,” Barbara replied and waved her hand in the ‘follow me’ motion as we headed towards back end of the shop. The shop seemed to be colour co-ordinated, with dresses of all colours lined up on different racks.

                “This is the one!” Liv grinned. I hadn’t noticed she had already started to look through the blue ones, “it’s beautiful.”

                “Yes, I love that one too,” Barbara answered in agreement. It looked more like a prom dress than a bridesmaids dress and would go just passed my knees, if I were to wear it. The dress didn’t have sleeves and looked like it would fit in the boob-tube style. I don’t think it would suit Susanne, who was the bigger girl... not that I meant any offense, it was just one of those dresses.

                “How much?”

                “Well, you want four and we’ll have to get four made up,” Barbara spoke, “you’ll have to get your bridesmaids to come in to get sized up. For you, they’ll be four-fifty each.”

                “That’s great!” Liv grinned and then turned to me, “you should try it on and we can get your measurements done now, okay?”

                I agreed, even though I knew this was going to be so boring. I wished we’d just gone to a department store, it would just make my life so much easier because I’d just be trying on a simple size rather than having it made to fit. And, four hundred and fifty dollars for a dress? I wasn’t even going to go all out on my own wedding and spend that much on bridesmaids... and, I’d only have two bridesmaids since I only have one female friends and my sister.

                The dress was too big for me, so Barbara’s fitter, named Julie, prodded and poked at me until she’d got my measurements and how the dress was to go. I was exhausted by the end of it and I only had to stand still. Liv kept going on and on about how excited she was to get married to Barbara and that she was moving to New York with Guy. Yes, her soon-to-be husband was called Guy, I mean, how original!