"Yeah, that sounds good." She answered, halfheartedly.

"Ok, I feel like I'm more excited than you are for your own birthd-"

"Excuse me, why are you talking whilst I'm teaching?" The teacher interrupted me.

"Well why are you teaching whilst I'm talking?" I answered - back. I'm sorry, but when are we ever going to use algebra in our lives? It's not like we're going to be crossing the bloody road one day, and there's going to be a robot saying 'If you want to cross, solve this quadratic formula to find x.'

Anyway, I think the teacher finaly realised that she wasn't going to be able to change me so she just carried on.

An hour later at the mall

"Ok so we have food, drink, banners, balloons and now we need costumes!" Ciara told us as we entered the party shop.

"Ohmygod Alix, you should wear this!" Ciara screamed as she pulled this off the hanger.

"Yeah...no." I replied, "there s no way in hell I'm wearing that."

"Please Alix, you can't say no to the birthday girl" Kayla pleaded, giving me puppy eyes.

"Fine, but only if i can make a few....adjustments." I compromised.

"Deal," Ciara yelled from the other end of the shop. I swear the girl has super sonic hearing. It's the only explanation for her knowing all the gossip in school.

3 nutella pretzels and 3 ferrero milkshakes later...

"Ok, I think we've gt everything now, time to head back?" Kayla asked, looking to us fo confirmation.

"Yep, but I need to pick up something quickly, just some stationery for school." I replied, mentally cursing myself. I was a terrible liar, I knew that, but it was the best excuse i could come up with at the time.

"Sure, meet you in a couple of hours at my house?" Ciara asked.

"Yep see you soon."

I wondered through the mall, trying to think of the perfect birthday present for Kayla. Make - up? No. She wasn't that type of girl, and I haven't known her for that long. Just then, I was passing by this cute little gift shop, and wondered in. Just thn, I saw the perfect bracelet:

I bought it, along with a pair of adidas trainers that I saw her eye earlier on

I bought it, along with a pair of adidas trainers that I saw her eye earlier on. Perfect. I left the mall and jumped on my harley. In less than five minutes I was at my house and I begun snipping off parts of my costume and by the end, it looked completely different. I put on some smoky silver eyeshadow with back eyeliner, grabbed my leather jacket and put on my blac combat boots. Perfect.

I pulled up outside Ciara's house, and I have to admit, there are more people here than I thought there would be. I placed my presents on the ever growing pile and made my way inside.

"I'm so glad you made it! We're playing seven minutes in heaven, come on!" Ciara shouted throught the loud blast of the music as she pulled me towards a circle. There was one guy though, who stood out more than the rest. He must have been dressed as a zombie, but he had a mask on, so I couldn't identify him. Before I knew what was happening, the bottle landed on me I looked up to see who spun it and it was mystery guy. We went inside the closet and things quickly became awkward.

"So, you enjoying the party?" I asked, trying to make small talk

"Yeah, it's not bad." He said in a raspy voice that sounded familiar, but I just couldn't quite place my finger on it.

"So, wha-" I began speaking, but before I knew it, his lips were pressed to mine. I know it sounds cheesy, but it did make my stomach flip which has never happened before.

"I'm sorry, I've gottta go." He whispered, before slamming the door behind him.

Kayla's P.O.V

I don't think anyone has noticed I've left. As I wondered towards the river, I saw a figure standing there.

"Um, hello?" I whispered, nervous. I mean, can you blame me? But I nearly had a mini heart attack when I realised who it was - Josh.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be at your party? Oh yeah Happy birthday by the way, I got you this," he said as he reached into his pockt. It was a circle locket.

"I love it, thank you." I replied, not saying else before my words betrayed me.

"So why are you here instead of inside?" He asked me.

"I don't like being the centre of attention. I don't mind parties, I just don't like being the reason for them." I answered.

"Is like to say I know what you mean...but I am not don't." He told me. "I just feel like I try so hard, but no matter how much work I put in, or how much I try to improve, I'll never be as good as them, y'know?"
I was going to ask him was he was talking about l, but then I realised that that's not what he needed right now. He needed someone to listen and I was going to be that person. It's weird, if you told me a few weeks ago that I was going to fall head over heels for the guy who sits near the front of the class I would probably laugh in your face. But it's true. I was falling for him, and fast.
"Anyway, it's getting late, but I'll see you on Monday." He sad as he interrupted my thoughts. Giving me a small smile, he walked off. But there was only one thing on my mind. He got me a present. He got me a present. He actually remembered.

Ryder's p.o.v

I can't believe I was stupid enough to do that. Why did I take part in the game? I probably screwed up everything. It's only a matter of time before she find out it was me in the closet. Ugh I'm such an idiot. One thing's for sure though - she can NEVER find out.

A/N: I know I'm awful but this chapter is dedicated to Kayla who has helped me come up with a few ideas for this story. I hope you had a great birthday!

word count : 1814