10| real eyes, real lies, realize

Upon entering Simone's house, I spotted Susie holding a bucket of medication, walking towards the trashcan. Susie's actions started to grow more and more suspicious by the minute. I followed her back to Simone's room. "Hey," I said. She turned around, hiding her face that was scratched up from our altercation earlier.

She rolled her eyes and plastered a mischievious smile on her face. "Yes? What do you want?" She asked. I blinked and took a deep breath so I wouldn't have to say anything to hurt her feelings again. 

"Look, we need to talk." She began to turn away. "Please." I begged. It took me a few seconds to realize that I was holding her hand, pulling her back. "Fine. But let's go down to the studio. I have some cleaning to do in there anyway." She pushed pass me and walked to the studio.

I followed behind her. Honestly, I was scared for my life. She tried to kill Simone, so I wondered how things would go down here. She sat down at a table, and I pulled out a chair across from it. 

"Susie, I need to the truth. What did you do to Simone?" I said. 

She crossed her arms and laid back on the chair. "You wanna know the truth?" She smirked. 

I nodded. 

"She hadn't payed me in two weeks. Ever since you guys came into 'de picture, she's been pushing my check farther and farther away. I couldn't take anymore of it, so I tried to end her life before my life caved in. Then I would get my money." 

She got up and walked over to me, her sly smirk not coming off of her face. Her accent had changed entirely. She was a different person. By the time she made it over to me, a tear had trailed down my cheek. 

"And now that you know all this, you's best not say a word to any soul, living or dead," She pressed a cold object into my side. "Or you're dead." She pulled the gun away from my side and stuffed it back into her pocket. 

My breath hitched as she left the room. "Oh, and you need not worry about Simone, either. 'Cuz the very next time I see her, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger." 

My world was caving in on me.