Im Changkyun

My sister's visit clearly awakened my mother's instincts; this morning she had woken up earlier than usual, and breakfast was more elaborate than ever before. She outdid herself - the table filled with pancakes, waffles, bagels, cereal & whatever else you could potentially crave for breakfast (apart from leftover pizza, if that was your kind of thing).
I blinked at Youngjae, who shared the same look of confusion as he slid into his seat. Jaeun smiled at us both, her fringe around a roller that rested on her forehead.

"Good morning, you two." She said and I nodded at her, reaching for some pancakes and lemon syrup.

"How are you enjoying breakfast, honey?" Mom asked, finally sitting down.

"It's great but you really didn't have to do so much. You have to teach me on how to make such a big breakfast." She bit into a bagel.

"What's the point, it's just you and Doyoung at home? It will all go off, probably." I said.

"For now, yes."

"What do you mean for now?" Dad raised his head from his phone.

Jaeun chuckled, and as if it wasn't a big deal, she dropped the nuke. "Oh yeah, haha, I'm pregnant."

"Pregnant?" Mom stuttered a little and my sister, the only person to beat Jooheon at being unbothered, nodded before proceeding to eat.

"I thought you would have noticed; I ate three plates of food yesterday night and still asked for ice cream," She shrugged. "what's wrong, Youngjae?"

"You had se-"

The entire table yelled in discomfort, much to Jaeun's amusement. After that it was a roulette of praise and congratulations, and she told us that she was 3 months pregnant.

"3 months..that was, Youngjae's birthday- oh god-" I shivered, stopping myself there. "You stayed in my room."

"Under my roof.." Dad stared into the distance, perhaps debating if he wanted to cry with joy or..whatever other feelings he felt.
My sister, as always, just giggled and winked, her reactions to us making me somewhat more comfortable with the idea of her being a mother very soon.

With the news of the pregnancy still hanging in the air (quite literally- Mom took it upon herself to call each family member and tell them), I grabbed my sketchpad and pencils, pulling on an extra jumper to go and sit outside.
As it was getting colder each day, Dad had set for a glass cover to be placed over the pool, and it acted quite literally like a glass lid over it, and it was sturdy enough that we could walk on it and sit, so it became my choice place to sit and draw, let it be day or night (the  lights in the pool were still working, so at night they illuminated our garden.

Once outside, I sat somewhere in the middle, placing the sketchbook and pencils before me as I unlocked my phone, the messages app still lacking a notification. I sighed, texting Jooheon around when his break time had started.

Jooheon 💋
Today 10:36

so, Jaeun's pregnant

jooheon 💋: shut up

jooheon 💋: NO WAY

jooheon 💋: doyoung smashed? gotta go congratulate him

god I hate you