Chapter 15: Detention... Again...

When the Holiday break had ended and the students returned to Hogwarts, I went back to my usual routine of staying away from the Slytherin common room as much as possible, but at least now I had the company of Felix.

I very quickly learned that Felix disliked Pansy and my other dorm mates. When Pansy pushed passed me one day, Felix had pounced off of my shoulder and onto Pany's head, leaving a few scratch marks on her face. She had screamed and thrashed about, and I could hardly contain my laughter as I tried to pry Felix off of her. From then on, every time Pansy or any of the other girls so much as looked at me, Felix would arch his back and hiss at them.

The next Quiddictch match was rather interesting. It was Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff, and Professor Snape was refereeing the game. Since Fred and George were on the Gryffindor team, I couldn't sit with them, so instead I sat next to Hermione, with Ron on the other side of her and Neville Longbottom on the other side of Ron. Ron didn't look to happy about my presence.

Once the game had started, Malfoy who was sitting behind us, poked Ron on the back of the head.

"Oh, sorry, Weasley, didn't see you there." He said, grinning at Crabbe and Goyle who sat next to him.

Malfoy kept trying to aggravate Ron, saying things like, "Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want to bet? How about you, Weasley?"

Ron had ignored him, so he started in again, "You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team? It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasley's, who've got no money - you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains."

I was getting sick and tired of Malfoy's rudeness so I turned around and said, "Maybe you should be on the team too, Malfoy, you've got no decency."

Right after I said that, Neville turned around in his seat and said, "I'm worth twelve of you, Malfoy."

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle howled with laughter, then Malfoy said, "Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something."

I was about to say something when Ron turned around and said, "I'm warning you, Malfoy -one more word-"

He didn't get to finish his threat because Hermione, who seemed to be on edge the entire match, suddenly shouted, "Ron! Harry-!"

Ron spun around. "What? Where?"

I turned to see Harry going into a spectacular dive. Everyone in the stands either gasped or cheered as Harry sped towards the ground.

"You're in luck, Weasley, Potter's obviously spotted some money on the ground!" Malfoy said.

Ron launched out of his seat and tackled Malfoy, wrestling him to the ground. Neville joined in, taking on Crabbe and Goyle. I tried to break up the fight between the three, seeing as Neville was getting pretty beat up, but when I tried to pry Neville away, Goyle pushed me. I fell backwards and hit the back of my head on something hard. My vision blurred and then went black.

"Ow, ow, OW! Careful!"

That was the first thing I heard when I woke up in the Hospital Wing. I opened my eyes and saw Madame Pomfrey applying some sort of yellow goo around Malfoy's blackened eye, who was sitting on the bed next to mine.

"Don't be such a baby about it." Madame Pomfrey scolded him, placing the cap on the jar of medicine.

I tried to sit up, but Madame Pomfrey saw me and said, "No, dear! Lay back down! You have a minor concussion."