Chapter Seven: Road trip with my little brother and a werewolf......wait, I'm one too?

Chapter Seven: Road trip with my little brother and a werewolf.....wait I'm one too?

The drive was long and tiring, mostly through fields of boring corn. Well corn and wheat, but you couldn't exactly tell the difference when they were both five feet taller than the car.

"Are we there yet?" Jake asked, getting very impatient, he wasn't even holding his stuffed animal anymore.

"I don't know, are we?" I said turning towards Crispin who was fast asleep.

"CRISPIN!" he jolted up, "Who..what..how....oh, yeah, umm, no we are not there yet, still a few hours left."

"Ugh," I groaned, I had been driving for six straight hours, I wasn't tired, I was still hyped up on the adrenaline, but even that was slowly decreasing from the boring scenery.

"Couldn't you have at least picked a road that was a little more interesting? Jake and I tried playing I Spy and all we could come up with was corn." I asked, keeping my eyes on the road, but it didn't really matter, it wasn't as if something was going to jump out at us. Oh No, the corn monster, yeah right.

"Not really, the scenery is actually quite relaxing, not to mention that it's the only way there." Crispin said.

"Yeah, for those who can actually fall asleep and lives don't depend on them. For the rest of us, it's just plain boring."

"Do you want me to drive?" he asked softly.

I was about to shake my head, when it came crashing down on me, how really tired I was, time on the road had taken its toll. "Fine," I pulled up in front of, surprise, corn and got out going around the front of the car, by the time I had opened the passenger door, Crispin had already gone around the back, got in, buckled, and revved the engine.

"Will you hurry up, we don't have all year?" he asked as I put my seatbelt on.

"Sorry, not everyone has super speed to pour on when they feel like it." I retorted. "Speaking about that, why do you have super speed and all that awesomeness?"

"Well you will have, as you say "Awesomeness", too soon."

"How? Is that gonna rub off from you and onto me, I don't think so."

"No......but you are like me.....in that perspective." I turned to look at him, my eyebrows rose, expecting him to explain, "Well.....huh, I'm glad you're not driving while I say this, I'm a werewolf, Alpha actually."

I was about to open my mouth to tell him how stupid that sounded, but the puzzle pieces fell into place. The giant wolf after the club, his super-speed, the way he had always been there when I was in trouble, and me. The new instincts, the need to kill, oh god, I was a werewolf.

"Oh, my..." I whispered.

"Yeah, and right now actually I'm taking you back to the pack, I'm a far way from home." He said, giving me nervous glances towards me, like I was going to blow up at him for saying such things.

But I surprised him, "Why are you so far from home?" I asked, wanting to know absolutely everything, but deciding to start small with the questions.

"Umm....well, me and a few pack mates were sent on a hunting party for vampires," Oh, great, there were vampires now too, "It was just a happen of luck that their path led us across yours, there has been a good search for you two since you were kidnapped."

"Kidnapped?" I exclaimed, was my whole life just a shadow of what I thought it was, twisted into a weird paranormal equal?

"Yes, you and Jake were the previous Alpha's kids, but one day when you were around 12, vampires attacked the pack, slaughtering hundreds, we were a very large pack. They set fire to your house in a attempt to anger the Alpha, and it killed your mother, and was have thought to kill you and Jake, but it turns out the vampires had kidnapped you and used you as a ploy for the future. A few months later, your father was killed in another attack, almost glad after the grief he had been through. But only another month later, we tracked down the first attack members, and found you in the mix; they passed you off to another family before we staked them. We have been searching ever since, but it soon became evident that you couldn't be found and the search was put on hold, so we could track down another notorious vampire leader, the one who had originally orchestrated the first attack." Yep, it had been converted into a sick, sad, werewolf filled fairytale.

"So me and Jake.......are werewolves?" I asked, my voice shaking a little.

"Yes, but werewolves don't start to show the signs of it until they turn sixteen, so that's why you didn't attract other werewolves yet, or else you would have been found months ago." I sighed, leaning back into the seat.

"That must have been lucky, you finding us like that, huh?" I said.

"Yeah, extremely, no one else in the pack seemed to notice you in the mixture of noise and humans dancing. It was by pure chance that we found you and your brother, along with the vampires you had been passed on to."

"Wait.....we weren't with any vampires.......were we?" I immediately sat up, fearing the answer because I almost knew what it was.

"Yes, your current caretakers, Cynthia and George, they were full-fledged vampires, young at it, but still vampires. They loved you very much, you have to understand that, but we didn't know when they would finally lose it. Also there was your little friend at the concert."

"Casey!" I exclaimed, but it explained so much, she was mean and heartless when it came down to it, it just took one outburst for me to see through the façade.

"Yeah," the car became silent for awhile, but Crispin kept on squirming in his seat.

"Crispin..." I started but he cut in, "Call me Chris, Crispin is what my parents call me, to formal for me to tell the truth."

"Fine Chris, there seems to be something you aren't telling me."

He was silent, and the squirming had stopped, so had his breathing. He was holding his breath, as if deciding whether or not to tell me. He finally let the breath out in a huff.

"Fine......you're not only a werewolf; there is.......well......a prophecy that concerns you too."