Chapter Twenty-One: Rumored Truths

Chapter 21: Rumored Truths

Chris's P.O.V.

I rushed to the village, the sounds of screaming becoming more and more distinct. Ambrosia was hot on my tail, and Raven not far behind her. All of us were in half switch, our bodies half wolf, yet still half human, caught in between the two forms as we ran. I quickened at the sight of flickering lights in houses, flames licking at the edges of the window panes.

A woman stumbled out in front of us, in the same state we were in, except she was gasping for breath, "It's them....they....they attacked....most of us are fleeing," she choked out. I nodded and left Ambrosia and Raven with her, both casting a angry glance my way, but I wasn't paying attention. I ran forward, in the direction the woman had come.

Once again, I came upon more pack members, but this time there were several of us. One of the men catching my gaze, "You.....your....your pet project, that girl! She did this, she turned us in! I knew that little waste would be nothing but trouble," he rambled on. A growl escaped my lips, "I would respect the......the dead." I choked out, interrupting his ramblings. "She's dead, Drake, she's dead," I whispered, each word a knife wound to the heart.

He didn't have the time to response, a flash went past the group, and all of went into action. The vampire didn't stand a chance, all of us changing into wolves in the flash of an eye, the crunch of marble like skin against our teeth. I went in for the kill, snapping his neck cleanly, even though he probably didn't deserve such a quick death. More and more flashes blurred past the group, and before any of us knew it, we were surrounded. The small clearing was an explosion of snarls and threatening growls.

Then one other vampire stepped out of the shadows, his long form lethal looking, but there was a slight smile upon his face. "I would suggest you all change back into your human forms before things get..........bloody," he said, his smiled widening to accommodate his long, pointed fangs.

Claude and Silvia were about to lunge for his neck when I let out a universal call, they all reluctantly switched back to their human forms, a slower and more painful process than shifting forward. All of our clothes materialized back onto our backs.

"That's better," he said, grinning wickedly.

[Again, sorry its super super short, but I really didn't even want to include this chapter, but the cornered thing just had to be said, I promise Chapter 22 will be up tonight though]