Chpt 17

Naruto's POV

----Flashback

"So you're saying you want us to go investigate?" I balled my fist at Tsunade's words. "Yes," She sighed, annoyed I kept asking the same question just in different ways. "Why! We should be out there looking for (Y/N)!" Kiba punched her desk. "Would you two just shut up and let her finish-" Shikamaru groaned leaning in his chair, but I cut him off. "You'd rather investigate a sighting of Sasuke than going to find (Y/N)?!" My eyes widened at him with anger. He just glared at me.

"You idiot, if you'd let Lady Tsunade finish you'd understand why she wants us to go investigate." His words were like venom as he spat them at me. I don't reply to him and look back at Tsunade. She took in a deep breath and shook her head side to side. "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, (Y/N) told me Sasuke was out for her to. She's missing, he's one of the people that could possibly have her." She looked my in my eyes. "If you find out he doesn't have her, she's with Orochimaru, and we all know that's the worst case."

"Why does that Uchiha punk want (Y/N) anyway?" Kiba scuffed, fixing his ninja shoes, obviously ready for this mission. "I can't tell you, (Y/N) didn't even know, all he said to her was that he needed her." I felt my heart shake, that damn Sasuke! Always wanting whats mine!

"We should go now." Shikamaru said, his body already half way out the door. Kiba and I didn't hesitate to follow him.

-----End Flashback

We were jumping through the trees in silence. I didn't want to speak because I knew that if I was to tell them to back off, they'll only argue and we can't do that right now. I just hope that they understand that once we find (Y/N), I'm going to make her mine. I won't let them get any words in or even touch her. I'm never going to let her slip from my arms again. I put on a more determinded face and darted forward with a fastened pace.

"Naruto! Slow down! If there's a trap ahead you'll only set it off!" Shikamaru said grabbing my wrist as I was about to fly past him. "I don't care! I need to save her!" I shouted not caring how loud I was being. "You save her!" Kiba growled pushing Shikamaru away. "Akamaru and I will be the one to save her! You'll just get in our way!" I felt my fangs starting to grow. "I swear! If you lay a hand on what's mine-" I went for his throat as Kiba went for mine, but we were suddenly stopped, frozen in our moves.

"You two are going to be the reason we can't save (Y/N)! And if either one of you does anything stupid, like this," He paused gesturing to our current frozen state, "and (Y/N) ends up getting hurt because of it! I will NEVER forgive you!" He was tearing up from how mad he was getting. "You talk about her like she's some object that you can claim to be yours!" His words struck my heart, I felt my anger slip away. "That's just more of a reason you two shouldn't ever have her!" I felt Kiba's rage slipping away too.

"Just proves she's mine." Shikamaru slipped under his breath but Kiba and I heard. We both stared at him with wide eyes and our mouths hanging to the floor. I went to say something but Shikamaru shushed me.

Shikamaru's POV

"Naruto be quiet," I narrowed my eyes, releasing them from my Shadow Possession jutsu. "Do you hear them too?" Kiba snarled viciously, Akamaru growled in response. "They're closing in," I said quickly spinning my body around and there they were. "Sasuke," Naruto let out a deep husky voice. Sasuke was companied with his side chick Karin. As always. "Nice to see you losers again," Karin winked at us.

"Can't say the feelings mutual," I smugly smirked at her. She looked at me annoyed, I didn't care. "Where is she?" Naruto's husky voice spoke again. Sasuke just stared at him, then me, then Kiba. "Where is she! Are you deaf Uchiha!" Kiba barked at him. I was watching his moves, he was in a defensive position, he had her. "Don't make us beat it out of you." I glared at him. Sasuke opened his mouth to say something but Karin spoke first. "You couldn't win in a fight against my Sasuke-Kun in a million years." She scowled her eye brows furrowed.