Chapter 28

((LAILA'S POV))

((WARNING: it's a little bit disgusting and talks about throwing up so...  I just want to apologize ahead of time if you start feeling sick and disgusted-because I totally did when I wrote this.  Sorry.  XD))

I didn't understand what was happening to me.

When I looked at the boy on the ground, who's head was laying in a puddle of blood, his skin pale, I began to feel pain in my stomach.  Bad pain.  As if my stomach was squeezing itself.  It hurt, it hurt so bad.  My eyes began to water, and my legs started to shake and twitch.  It 'felt' like I had been sitting on my legs for too long.  I would often do that back in my room when I was a Youth.  I'd sit on my legs for an hour or until they started to hurt and then I would stand up and walk around a bit to stretch them.  When I did so, it was a bit difficult for my to walk and stand.  What my legs were feeling at the moment was similar to those times.  But it was so much more intense.

I took deep breaths, trying to reduce the pain.  I did the same procedure that I used when I was Worried about Anger.

In, out.  In, out.  In, out.  

Just as I thought the pain was lessening, I bent my knees slightly and leaned forward.  The next thing I knew, there was a chunky, liquid substance falling out of my mouth, a color that I could not identify.  There was water falling out of my eyes and down my cheeks, hot tears.  My shaking only got worse, I knew that the others could see how fast I was shaking.  

Suddenly, the liquid stopped pouring out, and I tried to stand up straight again, but then it started to come out again.  Over and over again, I would spit out the foul-smelling liquid, stop for a few seconds, and then it would start again.

Sometime during one of the short breaks, I understood what was going on.  I was hurling, and the liquid that was coming up was called vomit.

I tried to recall more about vomiting, but I couldn't concentrate.  The only thing that was on my mind was how much pain I was feeling.    

It was terrible, horrible, and so so so painful.  I didn't like what was going on or what I was 'feeling,' not at all.  It was too hard to think and I couldn't even tell what I was 'feeling' besides pain.  The only thing I really understood was that I just wanted it to stop.

Finally, though, it did stop.  I 'felt' like I had just awoken from a long nap when my brain couldn't think and process everything like normal.  My eyes kept leaking tears for no apparent reason.  I didn't understand why I was crying.  Was it the smell?  I learned that some smells were so horrible that they could make a person cry.  Was that what was happening to me?

I was gasping for air, taking deep breaths in and weak breaths out that came with a whimper.  It was hard for my to breath, my throat hurt and I was breathing too quickly.  I felt a large hand on my back and looked over my shoulder to find Timberland giving me a smile.

I sniffed, unsure if my vocal cords would be able to let me talk. I opened my mouth, I knew I wanted to say something, but I had no idea what.  Before I could even say anything, though, my weak legs stopped working and I fell to the ground, my hands and knees falling into the mess that I had made.  I shuddered and scrambled away, in my attempt to get away, I accidently looked back at the puddle of blood.  My eyes started to water again and the pain in my stomach intensified slightly.  

A pair of arms slipped around my armpits and pulled me up off the ground and onto my feet. 

"Come on, you should get yourself cleaned up." Timberland said softly.  

"Yes, please." I mumbled, nodding.  

Timberland let go of me and I was Glad that I could stand on my own.  I thought that my feet were too weak to work.

"I'll go get you some water," Grace told me, and then slipped through the crowd and out of sight. 

"I'll show you where the showers are," Timberland comforted and began to walk.  I slowly followed him, trailing a few steps behind.  

I glanced back at 381 and 256 who just stood there, staring down at the blood on the floor, a frown on their faces.  I turned back around, and continue walking.

################################################################################

I sat on my bed, my hair wet and cold, my arms getting goosebumps from the chilly air.  I fiddled with the ends of the shirt that Grace had given to me.  I sighed, closing my eyes.  The shower somehow helped Calm me down, but I wished it wasn't so cold.  But I was clean and smelled nice so that was good enough for me.  

Despite how much I didn't want to, I couldn't help but think about the event that had happened earlier that day.  I kept seeing the young boy laying on the ground, bleeding.  I don't know why it made me 'feel' so Worried and Sad and in pain.  It couldn't have been the blood.  There was nothing wrong with blood.  But seeing all of that blood coming out of his head...  something about it made me 'feel', well, I couldn't think of a word for it.  

I really wished that my chip was working.  I missed being able to know things when I needed to know them.  I had so many questions that I wanted the answers to that I couldn't get.  

I opened my eyes and laid back down on my bed, staring at the ceiling.  And I stayed like that for the rest of the day, or, more accurately, until I fell asleep.

################################################################################

((I'm so excited, I'm so close to chapter 30, only 2 more to go!   I'm so pumped!

Question #29: How would you react if you had seen what Laila and the rest of the crown had seen?  Would your reaction be more severe or less severe than hers?  Would the sight of that much blood freak you out?))