Prolouge

"Is the chip functioning properly yet?" The loud voice boomed. 

The room full of scurrying technicians fell silent.  They looked up to the screen, and saluted.  Then, they glanced at the chip.  One technician took the chip out from under the microscope, and with a shaking hand, held up the little chip to the screen, showing the small, almost unnoticeable dent in the chip. 

"Almost.  We're very close.  It's almost perfect.  We're still trying to fix it but since it's so small it's ha-"

"I DON'T WANT EXCUSES!  I WANT THAT CHIP FIXED!" the voice rang even louder.

The technician looked down and nodded slightly, and went right back to working on the chip. 

"Ma'am, I know we've already asked this, but what if we just create a new chip, and destroy the old one?" another technician asked.

"No, this chip is special.  We don't have enough materials to make another replica of this chip.  Now I want this chip done before January 15th, understood?"

"Yes, ma'am!" all the technicians spoke in union.  The screen went black, and the technicians went back to work.

#####################################################################################

The technician placed the chip in the small box.  He was both relieved and worried.  He had worked 24/7, both day and night for three weeks straight, making sure the chip was in functioning order. He hoped with all his might that the chip was perfect, for his life depended on it. The chip looked perfect and functioned fine. He got in his hover machine, and placed the metal bottom on the electromagnet. He drove to the Birthing Area. He scanned his eyes, and ran inside. He left the chip with the other chips, and left. Little did he know that that very chip, would change the whole future of the New World.

((Hey guys, welcome to the world of Recognition!  In this book there will probably be a lot of confusing things that will be needed to be explained, so if something needs clarification, just comment!  Also, I have the design for the hover machine in Things I Made On My Computer.  In case you want to see what that looks like!))