Chapter 11

It took less effort to walk down the hill than it did to walk up it. Which made sense. I actually walked faster than the robot on the way down the hill, and I nearly fell down when I reached the bottom. I waited for the guard, which walked slowly down the hill. I couldn't calculate if it was walking down the hill at the same speed or not, but I guessed-something I had rarely ever done before-that it was.  When the guard reached the bottom, we trudged through the tall grass that was up to my shoulder and towards one of the streets filled with the rusty, motionless, machines covered in plants.  They were as big as I was, some bigger than others, or shaped differently, and the colors varied, but I noticed more machines were either black, blue, gray, or red.  Again, I was reminded of my non working chip and my inability to instantly know the number of vehicles, or even know what they were. Sighing, I turned to the guard.
"What are these things?" I asked it, pointing to a blue one on my right.
The robot looked at it, and shook it's head.
"No, I do not." It spoke.
Annoyance,  Disappointment, and Dissatisfaction filled me. I just wanted answers, was that too much to ask?  I looked through a hole in the door-well what I guessed was a door- and looked around. The machines had two pedals, a stick, a wheel, many buttons, and seats. It looked like a transfer vehicle, but it was so small and confined, how could anyone feel comfortable riding in such a thing? I sighed and pulled my head out.  Looking around, I spotted a nearby building and pointed to it.
"Do you think we'd be able to stay the night there?" I asked the robot.
It looked at the building which I was pointing at.
"Yes," it answered.
"Alright, let's head over there then," I said, and adjusted my backpack.
I walked around the vehicles, feeling like I was in a maze of tall grass and transport vehicles. It was Annoying trying to walk around the vehicles, and the grass itched.  I must've been pouting, because the robot put is hand in my shoulder, and moved me aside. A red dot appeared on its mask, and it grew brighter and brighter until a red light shot out of it and scanned over the area, burning everything in its path. I watched as the light disappeared, and the grass and vehicles were smoking as if they were on fire. The grass was shortened and the tops of the transport vehicles were burned to a crisp. I turned to the robot, utterly Shocked.
"What was that?" I asked it.
"That was a laser, a laser is-"
"A light that burns things?" I guessed.
"Yes," it answered.
"That's a very interesting...  Thing, a laser is." I said, and started walking again. The grass was easier to walk through, but it did still feel a bit warm to walk through. I hoped that the grass wouldn't be too warm, so warm that it would Hurt. But thankfully it wasn't that warm.  I walked down the grassy street, and finally reached the building. It was big, and falling apart. All the windows were broken, and it was-like nearly everything else in the forest-covered in plants. I walked towards it, and cautiously walked over to the door and waited for it to open. But, it did not open. I grew Inpatient as I waited for it to open.  Is this door broke?  Why won't it open?  I questioned, and waited some more. The robot waited with me, behind me.
"Why isn't it opening?" I asked, really Annoyed.
All the doors in the New World opened automatically, and you never had to wait for them to open. Plus, they never were broken. I noticed a small shiny sphere like thing on the door. A scanner? I knelt down and waited for it to scan my eye. When it didn't, I placed my finger on it, waiting for a green light to show that the scan had been complete. But no green light showed up, and the door still didn't open.
"I think it's broken," I said, taking my finger off the "scanner".
The robot gently pushed me behind it, and it punched the door down. The door fell to the floor, and the robot walked inside. I followed him into the building. The inside was dark, pitch black to be exact. I couldn't see a thing, I couldn't see the robot. I began to feel Nervous again, and called out for the robot. I walked back out of the building, and back out into the outside, where it wasn't as dark. The guard followed me, and looked at me.
"How can you see in there?" I asked it.
"I have night vision. You would too, if your chip worked." It answered.
I groaned. Yet another thing I was missing out on because of no internet. I took off my backpack, and unzipped it. I looked through it, not sure what I was looking for. I needed a light making machine. I found something with a switch, and pulled it out. It was a glove with a light bulb and a switch on it. I slipped the glove on, and flicked the switch. The light turned on and I smiled. I zipped up my backpack and put it back on. I walked into the dark room and the robot followed me. I shined the light around, and found thousands and thousands of shelves, containing who knows how many small things. I walked to a shelf, and pulled one off. It opened, and inside contained a rare and useless resource, paper, and on that paper were words, a lot of them. On each piece of paper were more words, filling up the page. I closed the paper container, and looked at the front. The words: Nursery Rhymes was on the front. Nursery Rhymes? I then took notice of how dark it was. I realized I should've started getting some sleep. I reached put the paper container of words down, and pulled off my backpack. I found a pillow, with a deflated... Blanket attached to it. I realized it wasn't a blanket, but a deflated mattress. I found an automatic air pump inside the backpack as well, and inflated the mattress. When it was fully inflated, I put the air pump away and flopped onto mattress and pulled the blanket over me. I looked around for the robot, and found it already folded up inside its helmet in a corner. So under the light, I opened the page container, and started processing the words.
###########################
Sorry guys, this chapter is messed up since I wrote it all on my phone. My computer might be broken and if it is I will cry because I love that thing.

Anyways, am I the only one who found it funny just picturing Laila and the guard staring at the door, expecting it to open?

Question #12 what building do you think Laia is in, and how do you think she will react to the Nursery Rhymes?