Chapter 4

When my eyes opened, a bright light was all I could see, it was so bright it Hurt.

"Laila, can you hear me?" Albert asked me.  I nodded, I was still saving up my first word.

"Can you hear me?" Albert asked me, and again, I nodded.

"Good.  Now, can you stand up?" this time, it was Coiseam who asked me.

With wobbly legs, I stood up. I 'felt' light-headed and tired. Which made sense, considering the fact that I fell asleep for 1 hour, 43 minutes, and 18.9 seconds.

"Alright, can you walk?"

I nodded. They both nodded, and I just couldn't take not being able to speak anymore. I inhaled. "Happiness," I whispered, relieved to finally get that deed of my chest.

"What was that?" Coiseam asked, turning around.

"I said, 'happiness'. That was what I promised myself would be my first word." I explained. I could finally speak as I pleased, use the words I never got to say aloud. My voice was a high-pitched sounding string of words. Both Coiseam and Albert nodded at me, understanding why I randomly said 'happiness'.

"Alright, as Attdendant-Curator you will live in the Headquarter with the Conservator." Albert said, joining the conversation again.

I couldn't believe it. I researched the Headquarter building 687 times, it was the second tallest building-the first was the Wi-fi tower that gave internet access to all our chips. It was the second most important building-the Wi-fi tower also was in first place for that too. It't where the Conservator planned everything, lived, made decisions, and etc. The Headquarter was a large building made of many metals like aluminum and steel, with 2,567 glass windows that were translucent-and that you could see the outside, but the outside couldn't see you. There were 35 elevators in the whole building.

Other youths went to their designated homes, the ones that the Constructors created for them, but not I. I was going to live in the Headquarter.

"You're Internet chip will guide you to the building, understand?" Coiseam asked me.

"Yes," I answered.

"Oh and one more thing," Coiseam blurted before I could leave, "There's a hover machine waiting for you outside."

I nodded, waved goodbye, and started walking. Right by the door was a hover machine, a white semi-spheric device that floated. The left foot pad glowed a...

Teal

color, and the right footpad glowed...

Orange.

The Start-Button was at the top, but in-between the handles, it was a...

Circle

with a

Cloud

inside it.

There were two headlights, and a holograph device in front. While inside the room, I learned how a hover machine worked, and all the safety measures. I took a step on and placed my left foot on the pad, and pressed the Start-Button with my right foot, then placed my right foot on the right pad. The device started flashing, meaning it was turning on. Automatically, my shoe soles were pulled toward the footpads, so I wouldn't fall off. The magnetic pull between the metal in the footpads and the metal on my shoes kept me from falling. I placed my hands on the correct handle, and pulled up. The machine started to hover. I quickly turned myself around, and started to drive out the parking lot. Okay, how do I get to Headquarter?

Turn right in 3.5 miles.

I remembered what Coiseam told me about my Internet Chip giving me directions. As I drove, I got to view the streets of the new world.  I passed by 34 factories: like the holograph factory, hover machine factory, the house factory, etc.  In every factory there were 125 workers and 125 automatic machines. I passed by houses, which were red brick houses. Each house looks exactly the same except for the house number. I passed by the food court which have over 586,785,686,542,897,432,453,709 types of food. In each restaurant there were 35 people working there. The food court was were everyone in the new world ate. Each day you'd get an assigned food court restaurant and eat that meal of the day, which changed everyday, so that way there were no overflowing of restaurants or getting tired of eating the same food. I passed by the entertainment center, the lake, and so much more.

You have arrived.

I looked up. There in front of me stood the beautiful, glimmering, and fall Headquarter building.

My home. 

#####################################################################################

Hello fellow readers, I know you all probably hate me for not updating.  Please don't kill me though, then who's going to tell the story?  Well I mean I guess someone could just take over for me, but let's not go there.

How does this story pop up as any # in sci fi???  Like a couple weeks Ago Glitched got up to #one hundred something in sci fi, and it only had 4 parts!  (Including prologue) like how??? Now it's at #365. Like, WHATTHEHECK?

Oh, I made an ID profile thingie for Laila.

Yeah, I was bored. And since I get bored very often, who wants an ID profile of their own? I can make one, just put your name (Real or Wattpad Username), what you think your job would be, and your biggest personality trait. You do not have to put a picture if you don't want to, it's optional. Just comment.

Also, I have a story related to this story! So my school does this thing called Invention Convention where the students have to create an invention and stuff. So my partner and I were talking- she's my friend kk_grimes- and I offered up the idea of doing the computer chip thing from this story, except with cordless earphones. Of course they were going to be prototypes and not actually work, but it was a great idea! I admit, I got a bit too excited and started fantasizing what it would be like our invention went famous and became real and was brought by apple or something. Like, then I would've been the one to create this chip, and then I would be the one to create the New World. And then this book would've became a reality. (Like I said, I got carried away.) And so we planned out everything-we figured we would research brain waves and the internet and Wi-fi. So all we had to do was give our science teacher our patent to sign. And she rejected it, because apparently it wasn't "realistic". My partner and I were so mad! (I still kinda am). This was right after my science teacher signed the patent for hoover shoes! HOVER SHOES. Alright: story's over.

Question #4:what do you think of the new world mini tour?  Should there be another tour that's more descriptive?  What things do you think the new world has that we don't, and what improvements did they make based on our old cities and towns?