Snip-It of Chapter 5

((You all probably hate me, it's just the fact that I really haven't been in the Glitched writing mood.  As I mentioned in one of my other stories-Invaded-I have a tendency to loose interest in something really fast.  Which'll suck once I get a boyfriend/girlfriend...  Anyways, I just need some inspiration to write, or else my writing will be total, utter crap.  I can, however, give you guys a quick little snip-it of the next chapter.))

I got off the Hover machine, and walked towards the big, white, doors.  I stopped where there were two feet pads glowing yellow.  I learned back in the room when I was a Youth, that in order to get into Headquarters, you would have to stand on the two feet pads and wait for the camera to identify you.  This was because Headquarters was only for specific people, only a few designated people got to enter Headquarters.  And I, I was one of them.  The camera light turned on, and I stood straight, my head held high, my feet shoulder length apart and my arms out.  This was so the camera could scan all of your body, so it wouldn't make a mistake on your identity.  The camera shot out a blue light, and scanned me, and it didn't tingle, or feel strange.  The light on the yellow floor pads flashed green for 'Accepted', and the doors opened.  I was Shocked on how white everything was.  Everything in the Headquarter building was white.  White walls, white floors, white lights, white chairs, white tables, anything you would find in a regular building, but white.  I felt a bit odd in my black, shiny, skin-tight, zipper-up jump-suit and black knee length boots.  Suddenly, a voice boomed inside my head, and I immedietly identified it as the Conservator.

"Welcome Laila, to the Headquarters, you new home-as well as my old home.  Please, follow the glowing foot prints to my office, I would like to meet my new room mate as soon as possible, please." 

Glowing blue foot pads appeared on the floor, leaving a trail.  As told, I followed them.  I took many twists and turns until I was met with an...

Elevator.

I pressed the 'Up' button and the doors opened.  I walked into the elevator and the doors closed behind me.  I turned and saw the 'Office Button'.  I pressed it, and the elevator went up, fast.  3 floors per second.  I stumbled back and fell against the wall for support.  In 1 minute and 41.3 seconds, the elevator stopped and I nearly fell over.  My breathing was heavy as the doors opened, and a voice spoke: "Office,".

  My legs, which wobbled and shook, took slow steps.  The office, which was the top floor, was the only room that wasn't all white.  Instead, the floor, walls, and ceiling, were made of glass, letting me see the floor below me, and the New World through the walls.  It was a sight I was Astounded by.  The houses and buildings looked so small, they looked about the size of my finger from up there.  I started to walk towards the wall, when I remembered I came up to meet the Conservator, and not stare out at the New World below me.  I followed the footprints to one side of the office, where the floor was made of black glass, and a light blue holograph screen rested above the floor.  A large screen showing different views of different places in the New World, I recognized all of them.  There was a large white chair, which was turned facing away from me.  Suddenly, the chair turned around and I was face to face with the Conservator.  She sat up straight and had her hands folded in her lap.  She was smiling in a happy comforting way. 

"Hello, Laila.  It is ver nice to meet you." the Conservator spoke, in a calm voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Well that's that.  Hope you guys like the little snip-it.

Also, I promised ID's to people so here they are!  If I forgot anyone's remind me, and I will add yours into the next chapter.  Want one now but you didn't comment it on the last chapter?  Not a problem!  Comment on any chapter if you get interested and it will be posted on the next chapter!  It would be cute if all my readers had an ID, it would be like you guys are in the New World society, officially!  :3

There you guys go!  iHipsterHarleigh mrs9898 TheGymnastSloth 

And as usual, I have to ask a question!  

How do you guys like the snip-it?  Should I do more when I don't update often? 

And, What do you guys think about the Headquarters?))