Will He Be Okay?//Part 2

After waiting and waiting, the amount of weeks told had passed. Violet and Luigi went to the hospital quickly that day to see.

Mario was still unconscious.

Violet glared at the doctor. "You said—"

"Ms. Mario, science is uncertain. Please remember that—"

"If it's so damn uncertain, why couldn't you keep your mouth shut?"

"Violet!" Luigi hissed.

"I'm serious!"

Luigi shook his head. She grumbled and sat down on a chair, folding her arms.

She glanced at her unconscious brother, who was still breathing normally-- thank the stars.

Luigi continued to speak with the doctor. Violet, once again, didn't listen to the conversation. She only continued to stare at Mario when... something caught her eye.

Something was off about him. She stood up and walked over to him.

What was it? Then she realized.

His chest wasn't moving.

"L-Luigi!" She exclaimed.

Luigi looked and noticed. The doctor saw the heart monitor and announced a code blue.

Luigi and Vio were dragged out of the room. Violet fought against the nurses as she tried to make her way back to Mario.

"MARIO!" She screamed,"MARIO!"

Of course, Mario didn't answer. He was unconscious. Luigi grabbed Violet by the arm and ran to the elevator, ignoring her screams for their older brother.

They made it to the lobby, then outside.

"Violet please!"

"Luigi we have to—"

"Violet we can't—"

"Luigi we gotta try—"

"VIOLET."

She froze and slowly looked at him. She had never heard him yell in such a manner before. It instilled... fear in her.

"Violet... It's too late. Okay?"

"N-no. No it's... no it's not. It's not too late,"

Luigi stared at her. Tears pricked his eyes. They both knew. They both knew their brother wasn't gonna make it.

~*~

About two hours had passed and they were allowed to go back into the room.

There lay on the bed a pale and cold Mario Mario. His fingers were already turning blue.

"M-Mario?" Luigi asked softly.

Violet shook Mario lightly. "Mario. Wake up. Mario! Wake up! Mario!"

"V-Violet please—"

"Mario! Mario please!" She pleaded, tears streaming down her cheeks.

This caused Luigi to weaken. The tears flowed, he couldn't hold them for much longer. The pressure on his head was becoming unbearable anyway.

"M-Mario please... come back," She said quietly.

Violet, trembling, backed away from the bed. She looked at Luigi.

For the first time ever, she hugged someone herself.

She sobbed into Luigi's shoulder as he cried.

Their oldest brother... was dead.

~Fin~