• 17

"I'm waiting on the sun to set cause yesterday ain't over yet."

A couple hours had passed by and Freya still hadn't come back. Every few seconds Mitch would glance at the clock and become more anxious.

Thoughts of Freya being kidnapped or never coming back made Mitch nervous. He had too much time to think about what he was going to say to her and his knee started to bounce.

He hoped that she would forgive him. Hell, Mitch was ready to get on his knees and beg if that meant she would forgive him.

Freyanna Romanova had Mitch Rapp wrapped around her finger. Although he didn't really show it with the things he said and the way he treated her Mitch would do anything for her.

Mitch was positive that if she asked him just once to do anything he would without hesitation. Wether that meant dying for her or giving her a hug.

He was so angry at himself for not letting her know that. He made her think the complete opposite and seeing the hurt expression on her face made him want to shoot himself in the foot.

He heard the door jingle and jumped up. He reached for his glock checking that the magazine was loaded then hid behind a wall.

Mitch knew that no one with a key would have trouble opening the door. It was a simple slip and push so the handle shouldn't jingle.

He held the gun to his chest evening out his breathing as the door bust open. He came to the conclusion that 4 sets of feet had entered the room and from the way their voices sound were russian.

When the first guy came around the corner Mitch shot his gun, the bullet hitting the man in the chest. Mitch then turned to shoot again but one of the men connected their arm with the inside of his elbow making him drop the gun.

Mitch dodged his punch and elbowed the man in the gut. He swept the mans feet out from under him however before he could strike again another man hit him in the back of his knees making Mitch fall to the ground.

The man then hit the back of Mitch's head making him fall to the ground disoriented.

"Shit man he killed Anthony."
"Anton, won't be happy especially since we were supposed to be getting his daughter instead of him."
"I think he'll do. She follows him around like a lost puppy just leave a note and she'll show up."

The men all turned to look at Mitch on the floor who was still trying to focus, "Well buddy todays your lucky day. Your gonna be bait for bosses daughter."

The last thing Mitch saw was the man swing his arm back that held his gun to hit him in the face.

The men left a note saying where they were keeping him and Stan then dragged Mitch to their care heading to the warehouse.

The warehouse where Anton Romanova would be waiting for them.