Chapter 11

I didnt think I could bear it.

Going to school wass omething I dreaded. I wasnt particuarlly smart. In fact, without taking the Yin Fe I was quite dumb. My little sister could even tie her shoes better than me. So that day I grabbed my flower dress with the number 23 printed on it, dropping down to almost my knees. I hooked my golden chains around my neck and grabbed my blue varesity jacket. Throwing on some converse that slipped easily on and off my feet.

My mom drove me in silence. To be honest I didnt even want to talk to her. Not after what happened. In my eyes the world was grey now. Back to the boring shade. Without Dinah I felt sadder.

I opened my locker that I had been assigned and looked at my classes. The first thing I had was English. Great.

I grabbed some books and began walking when I heard some snickers. I saw two girls coming. One was Ally. Great. I went to school with Laurens ex. And the other had brown hair and a sparkly bow ontop of her head. Her arm draped over Ally.

"Arent you Laurens friend?" The girl with the bow asked.

"Sure."

"Is she still crying herself to sleep at night?"

I gave her a smile. "Nah shes perfectly happy after she gave your little friend there an egg to the head."

Ally rolled her eyes. "I told you Camila, not worth it."

Camila narrowed her eyes. "Your new and you pick a fight with me? Hell no."

"Thats exactly what I did. Do you need to hear it again? And I thought my memory was bad."

She took her arm from around Ally and came to stand right in front of me. She smelled of flowers and summer. "Hun, whats your name?"

"Didnt shorty tell you?"

"I want to hear it from you."

"Cant trust your girlfriend?"

She tapped the watch on her wrist. "Tick tock."

I leaned against the locker. "I have time."

"Your trying my patience."

"And i should care because?"

She leaned in close. "Because I know your dirty secret." She opened her palm and I immediatly recongized the silver dust.

"Better watch your back, Kordei." She sprinkled it on the floor with a smirk.

I bit my lip to stop myself from any lashing out.

"Whats the matter?" She asked batting her eyes. "You look a little pale?"

I couldnt respond. And I didnt have to. "Hey!" Yelled a familar voice.

Looking oast Camila, I saw those emerald eyes and the girl I loved.

Dinah grabbed Camilas hair and yanked her back into the lockers.

Camila slammed into them hard. "What the fuck!?"

Dinahs gaze narrowed at her. "What were you doing to her?"

"Nothing!" Camila squeled.

Lauren stood smugly beside her. "Not so tough now eh?"

Ally rolled her eyes and grabbed her girlfriends wrist. "Lets go."

They hurried quickly down the hall. Lauren gave Dinah a wink. "I'll catch you guys at lunch."

Dinah nodded and turned to me. I fell into her arms, breathing deeply. "Thank you." I said softly.

She smiled and gave me a kiss. "Anytime. Im glad your coming to this school."

I nod, snuggling into her. "Me too."

She noticed my sheet. "Can I walk you to english?"

"It would be a pleasure." I laughed. She wrapped an arm around me and began showing me the way. Suddenly school didnt seem so bad.