She hardly slept, with laboured breaths at night and her burning temperature, the King was always there helping her to feel better.

"Dr. Steele still has not figured out a treatment plan for you. I'm becoming very worried. You grow weaker and weaker everyday." He told Arabella one day.

She had become pale and her skin was blotchy. It had become painful for her to move and her body felt weak.

"Arabella, I'm afraid I can't figure out a cure for what you have," Dr. Steele told the them.

"What are you saying?" The King asked worriedly.

"I don't know why it's still developing, it should have stopped. I don't know how to treat her."

"What can we do?" The king asked.

"I don't know. All I can do now is prolong how long she has."

"And how long is that exactly?" The king asked.

"A week, the most."

"Are you sure there is nothing is nothing else we can do?" The King asked breathlessly.

"I want to believe that if you turn her that she'll survive."

"Turn her? As in mark her?" The king asked.

"Yes, but whether she'll accept your mark or not determines whether she lives."

The king grasped Arabella hand, "Can you excuse us please?" The king asked.

"Yes of course, my king," the doctor said leaving the two alone in the room.

Arabella looked at the King's melancholic features.

"You have to let me mark you," he pleaded with her.

She looked away from him and peered out the window. There wasn't a guarantee that she'd survive.

"Arabella," the king repeated, "you have to accept it."

She knew he'd mark her even if she said no, she was too weak to fight him anyway.
He brought her up and hugged her to his chest, smoothing her hair down on her head.

"You can't do this to me," he told her sadly.

*************************************************************
Ok short Chapter I know but it's better than none right?

I'm still on hiatus and as I said updates will be spontaneous and random. I'm very busy so I'm can't be concentrated on finished this book even though I really want to.

Thanks for continuously keeping up with my crappy update schedule.

What do you guys think?

Did she actually accept him?

Will Arabella let the King mark her?
Will she accept his mark?

Do you think that Arabella will survive?

Do you think he would accept her rejection?

Who do you think is behind her poisoning?

Will Arabella even recover from her sickness?

Will Arabella forgive the King soon or at all?

Shoutouts:

kindercressmoon16
__Raqs__
Fierce_Chesire
Missy_Elliot1
korean_babe05
nerdy_girl_1234
StalkerAtYourWindow
RJlovesDK

Thanks so much for reading my book.

Don't forget to Comment and Vote if you liked this chapter.

Follow me for updates and news for upcoming chapters pertaining to Bound To You.

❤️Jay