"Or maybe it didn't."

Mina had no idea what she had done to his brain.

---

"That's what it seems like," Akihiko, explained sipping on her tea. The team were at a cafe in the small village, talking over what information they had gathered over the half-day they had split off into to gather information.

"I never thought that the whole village would be part of the plan, Ya know!" Mina spoke quite loudly, forgetting the fact that they were supposed to be undercover, gaining 'shhh's from the other teammates. Mina only laughed, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Does that mean we have to eliminate the whole village?" Hideki asked, seriously. Hearing this, Mina stopped zoning out to her own world and actually listened to the conversation.

"I have already informed Lady Hokage on this matter, we still need to receive a command. If it's a green light, then Hideki, Mina and I will take them out." She informed, actually acting like jounin.

"What about me?" Chiyumi asked, all too innocent.

"Just knock them out, I don't want you taking someone's life when you're under my command." The brown haired teen nodded, munching on a cookie and agreeing to her sensei's wishes.

---

The village was frighteningly silent. Two pairs of footsteps, walking at a reasonable pace, into the forest that surrounded the village was audible. "We should be getting close to where they ran off to." The dark haired male spoke, not bothering to keep quiet.

"If there are more than one, we're splitting up to fight them," She grinned in response, not really giving him a choice. "The leaders?" Mina simply asked sealing away the bloodied black blade. She had used it to assassinate the others and wanted to go with a change. Once the golden glow disappeared, she fixed the white glove on her left hand making sure it was comfortable on her slender fingers.

"Should be," He responded, "Be careful, they'll most likely be stronger than the rest." He warned, and watched with a small scowl as Mina only grinned and started skipping ahead of him, with her hands interlocked behind her back. "I'm being serious, they could be on par with the Akatsuki."

"Well," Mina spoke in a tone of voice that sent shivers down his spine, "If they're on par with the Akatsuki," She said turning around to face the red-pink eyed male, an extremely large smile spread across her whiskered face. Tilting her head to the side, she continued, "It should be a fun fight, ya know."

Hideki stood staring at Mina's for a while, taking in every detail of her face. It was beautiful, he knew and would have mentioned it, if it wasn't for him freezing on the spot when his eyes locked with Mina's violet ones. And that's when he realised the crazed look on her face, the haunted smile on her face and the look in her eyes was enough for him to make sure he was on her good side from now on.

She suddenly spun on her heels and continued on the way, a small chuckle escaping her mouth. Hideki's eyes widened a fraction when he saw that the blonde and red-haired female was gone from his site, replaced by another person. "Damn," He muttered getting ready to fight one of the men there.

Mina stood in a casual stance, looking with slight interest in the tall lean man. He didn't look all that strong, but the intimidating aura he was giving off said something else. Long white hair, reaching past his knees, flowing in the soft breeze like a majestic waterfall, and deep green gleaming eyes.

Mina let out a low whistle about to say something, but the man vanished from her eyesight. Violet eyes widened a slight fraction but lifted her arm to block a powerful punch to the face. "You're fast." She mumbled a compliment, the man only stared blankly at the short girl, clearly hearing what she had said due to how close they were.