Not Alone

~Hannah's POV~

~time skip to when the group goes home~

We finally pulled into the driveway of our home. It felt so different, knowing what had gone on over the week we were gone.

Last time we were here.... I had two arms. I hadn't surfed before. I had never seen a shark. I had never been attacked by a shark. So many changes.

Stephanie called Jerome the minute we walked through the door, and said she had to come over to show me something. Rene ran down the stairs, and gave me a huge hug.

"I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY!!!" she shook me, and wouldn't let go.

I pried her off of me.

"I'm fine," I insisted.

"Are you fine with the fact that you're on every news channel on our TV?" Rene asked. She flipped on the TV to Fox News.

"...was surfing with her friend when a great white shark ripped off her right arm. Jerome Aceti, of the popular YouTube crew Team-Crafted, rushed out on a jet ski to save the girl, later identified as Hannah Dahlberg, daughter of Adam Dahlberg, also part of Team-Crafted. More on the story coming up soon."

The doorbell rang.

Stephanie raced in, with her phone in her hand. We closed the door, and the doorbell rang again.

It was a news reporter.

Mitch held him off, after my eyes widened and I ran upstairs.

"Stagefright!" I yelled jokingly as I ran upstairs. Two more reporters showed up, snapping pictures.

A girl broke through the crowd, and I recognized her as Neryece.

"Get in. Now!" Mitch yelled.

He slammed the door as soon as Neryece was inside.

"HANNAH! I'm so glad you're alright," Neryece yelled as soon as she saw me.

"I get that a lot," I joked, walking back down the stairs.

Stephanie ran over.

"I have to show you this," she declared.

She played a YouTube video.

It was about a girl, named Bethany Hamilton. She was thirteen when she lost her left arm to a tiger shark surfing off the coast of Hawaii.

She continued to surf, even with one arm. The video was all about how she faces daily challenges, how she does every-day things with one arm.

Like me.

"You aren't alone, Hannah," Neryece smiled.

And that's when I realized it.

I might not be an inspiration worldwide like Bethany Hamilton, but I wasn't alone.

Not even close.

I had the support of my family.

And that was enough.

(Author's Note: In case you don't know, Bethany Hamilton survived a shark attack IRL. She inspired me to do this part about Hannah losing an arm and being on the news and all that stuff. Go look her up, she's pretty amazing, she's pretty inspiring. Ok, enough said.

Bai all my little lions!

Join the pride today!)