Chapter Five

I was slammed against a wall and I adjusted my vision. I noticed that I was face-to-face with a very angry face.

"Vanessa?" I asked her in confusion, wishing that I was only dreaming things.

"Don't you dare say my name with your disgusting, rotten lips" she said in disgust.

I stared at her and controlled my eyes from rolling itself. Oh, look who's talking. She's the one who called my name in a loud and furious voice out back at the crowded hall and dragged me hard in this place. Surely, that took a lot of attention from the people at earshot. I should be the one in her leg-breaking stilettos right now. Although I admit, I can't wear those pink shoe size skyscrapers.

"I agree, miss perfect" I said in a sarcastic voice. "Now if you don't mind me asking," although I'd still ask, I thought. "What's the meaning of all of this? What are you doing?" Trying to be a psycho killer in the toilet? I almost blurted out. What a good place to hide a victim's dead body. I crossed my arms to put something in between us. I tried not to wince since my arm began to hurt.

"Oh, you know why I pulled you here" she said, pointing her slender finger at me. She really didn't, I rephrase that, doesn't have even the slightest common sense does she?

"If I knew, I shouldn't have asked you in the first place, you know" I replied throwing my hands in the air with exasperation.

"Stay. Away. From. My. Boyfriend" She said fiercely, her eyes looked like my burning chimney at winter. Except I can imagine the flames in pink color just like an ostrich. And who in the world is her boyfriend? I never did talk to anyone her type.

"Ugh, it's Sebastian. Sebastian Fillion? I know you know him!" She spat noticing my confusion.

Oh..... Bash. Her boyfriend!!

"What did I do to him or to you to make you drag me here in this smelly place?" I said looking around me to make sure no one was eavesdropping.

"I know you like him! But he is mine!" She forced on me.

I like him? Oh, no no no no no. I don't think so. "We're just friends. I don't even like him in such a crazy manner" like what your into right now I wanted to add in defense from her assuming thoughts.

"Whatever" she said, dismissing my opinion. "I want you out of my way, Ellie. But even if you ever get in my way, I'll have him. Wether you like it, or not" she said in final, and walked out of the comfort room.

I shook my head knowing that I stared enough at the door like it was on fire. What just happened? Why would she even think that I would like Bash? We were just friends. But what bothered me was the last thing she told me. And worse, she just gave me a pet name! From all the sorts of people! Yuck!

I was poking my right arm involuntarily when I went out and saw Drake leaning against the wall beside the girl's washroom. He noticed me and he stood straight.

"Elle? What happened?" He asked with pure worry. His worried face instantly sent butterflies in my stomach. What's wrong with me!?

He noticed I was touching my bruised arm. He took two strides and checked on it. He tried to peel off my hand away from my bruised arm. He even forced to pull it off but I didn't let him see it, knowing I'll never win an argument with him.

"Elle -" he said in frustration. He forced it away again. But I didn't let him, like the stubborn child I was.

"I'm fine" I cut him off while looking at my shoes like there's a hole or something. I didn't put my hand away from my arm. If there's one thing I know about myself it's that I'm horrible at lying.

"I know you're not" he answered me in amusement. After a few minutes of arguing, I gave in and he put my hand away and inspected the painful bruise with caution. I saw it myself and tried not to wince at its blue-black color.

"See?" He said. "Did she do this to you? What happened? Does it hurt so bad?" He asked in flooding anger, worry and concern, it could have been a tsunami heading wherever Vanessa is right now.

"I'm fine Drake" I said. I gave him a reassuring smile to lessen his worry. I touched the bruised part and tried not to wince and remained my calm face although it seriously hurts. "See?"

"Stop acting like its nothing." he said pulling my hand off my arm. "I know this is hurting your pride, Elle. But swallow it up for now, and let me go with you to the nurse's office." He joked. I gave him a small chuckle which made him smile. His eyes looked like he felt he won. But then I shook my head as a 'no' to him.

"I'm totally fine. It's just a bruise" I refused. "Anyways it's not like I was trampled by tons of elephants. Relax. You're being too worried. I think your the one who should have check-up. You look like you're on a 90's TV." I joked at his pale face. He let out a small laugh.

"It's just that I really care for you, Melody." He sighed. "I wouldn't want my girlfriend to get hurt."

"I'm not hurt. Like I said, I'm fine. Or if you don't understand the word 'fine', I'm guessing you'll understand 'I'm ok' much better, kid." I said, cracking up a small joke. "And I'm not your girlfriend" He chuckled at me and open his mouth to say something, but he hesitated and shut it close. Then a mischievous smile slowly climbed up his lips.

"Fine. If you don't wanna walk because of that lazy butt of yours, I'll carry you instead." he said stepping closer.

Before I could even realize what he was doing, I was swiftly, but gently lifted up in bridal-style. A lot of eyes noticed what he was doing and stopped whatever they were doing to look at us. My cheeks felt hot in embarrassment.

"Drake! What are you doing!" I hissed at him. "Are you trying to scandalize me? You're a popular, remember? Put me down!" I struggled at his firm grip. I attempted to wriggle and punch his hard chest. But to no avail. Then, he leaned in close to my ear.

"No. I'm bringing you to the nurse's office, whether you like it, or not." He said in low whisper.

"Put me down!" I stubbornly hissed at him.

"Why? Are you trying to avoid liking me?" He whispered, his warm breath tickling my ear. Before I could even answer his tease, we arrived at the nurse's office. That was quick. He laid me gently on the sofa, a smug smile plastered on his face. I rolled my eyes at him, fighting the urge to slap that smile off his face like some sort of fly.

After a few more minutes later, the nurse came and she treated my bruise. When she was done she looked up at me and smiled.

"That'll do" she said as she went out and soon came in with Drake. "Your girlfriend's bruise would be alright in a couple of days" she smiled amusingly at the both of us. I ignored her mistake of me and Drake being a couple and smiled at her instead.

"Thank you, Anne" I said before exiting the nurse's room.

"I should have carried you from the start" Drake said falling in beside me. "It should've took less time." he said giving me that smug smile once more. I rolled my eyes again at him.

"Whatever." I said changing the topic. "Thanks, by the way" I said, smiling at him. He returned my smile.

"Always here to help" he said, giving me his charming smile.

We went to our next class, which is Chemistry, together and I took my seat beside Charlie, who threw a suspicious look at Drake. She suddenly turned to me and grinned. I wonder where she got her annoying, wide grins from. I playfully scowled at her.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。*🌺*。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
Hello lovely readers!

This scene was unexpected! Or was it? I know this chapter is short but I'll try to make the next one a little longer. Or edit this chapter once more.

Anyways, how's chapter 5? I hoped you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Don't hesitate to tell me what you think about it! I'll be open for any suggestions!

I would appreciate any vote or comment! :)

And please share If you like this story ;)

💠Haley