Chapter Four

I was sleeping in peace until grandma invaded my room like some sort of alien invader, pulling my lilac curtains aside to let some light in while singing a good morning to me. I groaned and pulled the blanket over my head. But she pulled the blanket away from me and dumped it into the laundry basket that was in her arms.

"Wake up darling" she said in a sing-song voice. "Maybe your forgetting something"

I almost jumped, sitting on my bed looking at the cream-colored vanity opposite my bed. My tangled and tousled hair and pale face being very obvious.

This is how a girl looks like when she wakes up in the morning. At least some of them.

I jumped out of bed and kissed gramma on the cheek saying good morning. Scrubbing my hands on my face as I made my way to the washing room to take a quick bath and brush my teeth. I grabbed my blue t-shirt and jeans from my closet and wore them in a snap. Well, not literally. Then, I fixed my hair into a lazy bun and put matching heart-shaped sapphire earrings on. I usually don't wear make-up on. My skin doesn't like it. Or maybe it's the opposite way.

I grabbed my bag from the desk and I jogged down the stairs and went to the counter, to start nibbling on my blueberry cream cheese toast. Grandpa was siting on the armchair with his legs crossed, reading the day's newspaper. As he noticed me finish my breakfast by gulping a glass of orange juice, he stood up and grabbed his car keys and walked towards me.

"Good morning darling"

"Good morning grandpa" I said in return.

When I opened the door, there was a lean figure leaning on a shiny, black Ferrari's passenger seat's door. He looked up and smiled that charming smile of his. I blinked a dozen times and pinched myself to see if I was dreaming.

"Good morning, Mr. Collins." He greeted grandpa, turning to me "Good morning, Elle" he said.

"Bash? What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

"That's a nice way to greet a special friend." He said comically.

"Sorry. Good morning, special friend." I said embarrassingly playing along his jokes. "But you didn't answer my question."

"Well... I was hoping if I could... Give you a ride to school?" He said reluctantly with his cheeks flushing a slight tinge of pink. "If Mr. Collins would allow it of course." He added in a rush. 

Grandpa nudged his elbow at my arm. I rubbed it mouthing an 'ouch' to him. He ignored me and faced Sebastian with a knowing smile, making Sebastian flush into an even darker shade of pink.

Naughty men.

"Of course" grandpa said turning to me, while waggling his eyebrows with a huge grin at me. The usual toddler version. "Seems like you have a lover. A charming one at that point." he said in a low voice so that Bash can't hear. It was my turn to nudge his arm but before he could even nudge me back, I walked towards Bash.

"And a handsome one, too." I complimented him to make him blush once more. And it did. "Thanks" I said with a smile.

"Your welcome" he returned trying to hide his giddy smile. "Shall we?" He asked opening the passenger seat's door.

I looked back at grandpa and tried to stifle my laugh. Why on earth is he even grinning at me like that! He waved his hand goodbye as I slid into Bash's car. When Bash closed the door Grandpa told Bash something that made him blush slightly. Bash waved goodbye and went in the drivers seat.

"What did he say?" I asked curiously. He stared his gaze on the steering wheel, avoiding my gaze.

"Nothing" he replied blushing, turning on the engine and started driving. He does like blushing a lot.