Chapter Three

"Ok Mr. Fillion, introduce yourself" Mr. Philips said walking towards his desk.

"Uh.. Hi. My name is Sebastian Fillion. And I came from Canada. Nice to meet all of you" he finished with his hot Canadian accent. Everyone clapped their hands. His gaze dropped to me. He waved his hand to me with a charming smile. I felt everyone glare at me. Including icy glares from the girls in my class.

They better leave me alone.

"Ok. So you sit beside miss Collins" Mr. Philips said waving his hand to the seat beside me. Sebastian sat never tearing his gaze away from me.

"Nice to finally meet you Mademoiselle Collins" he greeted formally with a bow.

"You can call me Melody. Or Elle for short, Monsieur Fillion" I played along while trying to level his accent reaching my hand out for a hand shake.

"And you can call me Bash for short" he said friendlily shaking my hand. I looked at his mesmerizing light brown eyes, observing every fleck of gold around his irises.

We held each other's gaze like forever until we heard Mr. Philips clear his throat so hard. I felt the heat creeping up my cheeks. And we both looked down at our hands before we released it in embarrassment. We cleared our throat in unison and avoided each other's gaze.

As Mr. Philips class went on, I've been clicking my pen on my notebook. I couldn't understand anything at all. Why couldn't he just use easy words? The bell ringed. Finally!

"Remember!" He shouted. "We have a test tomorrow! You all better study!"

Seriously!?! I felt my face hold a shocked and irritated expression. I furiously picked up my stuff and stomped to the next class. I know, quite childish. Can't help it.

School ended and I was so stressed thinking of what will happen with my math test. Come on! Anything but math! I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"I can see someone needing help on the math test. We could work together." A familiar voice said. I jumped. Startled, I looked at where the voice came from. Sebastian was grinning amusingly at me.

"You sure?" I asked with hope. Hmm... Maybe I can pass if he's gonna help me. He looks smart enough.

"Of course!" He said reassuringly.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded in return. "I would love to!" I said and barely fought off the giddy smile plastered on my face. Wait, what did I just said?

"Great. I'll pick you up at 5:30. If that's ok with you. You can call me if you would run an errand." He said giving me a paper with his number written on it.

"Ok. So... See you later"

"See you later, Elle" he said waving his hands while looking at me over his shoulder. I watched his back until he turned left to a corner.

I looked down at my feet while walking. Would Sebastian really teach me math? I hope he wouldn't explain things like Mr. Philip. So confusingly boring. But Bash seems kind enough.

I was thinking of the test and Bash when I felt like I hit a hard wall. Someone strongly held my shoulders before I could stumble backwards. I looked up. I felt like my heart just travelled all the way to my throat.

Drake.

"Woah. Careful Elle" he said shooting me a charming smile, his green eyes twinkling with kindness. I suddenly felt like I was blushing. He's one of the popular kids here, but he is totally different. Totally. "You know you'll be in trouble if you bump an egotistic popular. Thank me that I'm not one." He joked.