Level 8: Day 1

"Jennie's POV"

"WAAAH!" I kept shouting, rolling all over my bed, banging a pillow over my head.

What happened yesterday was so childish–I was so childish. We're just partnered for a project, it's not like we need to be united for reconciliation of tribes to end war.

I feel so embarrassed to myself, I did all that whining and goodness please turn back time. The feeling of Resentment, Anger, and Shame all at once. It's too much for me to handle. Help!

It's Saturday and Sehun is coming over to decide what composition we'll be performing, I'm actually nervous of him coming here.

[~Ding Dong~]

The door bell rang, instead of the guard I volunteered on opening the gate since I know that Sehun is gonna come over.
I opened the gate I saw Sehun waiting. He was leaning at his back towards his car with his arms crossed.

"Took you long enough to open the gate", he murmured

"Do I have to apologize?"

"No, but are we gonna play the piano outside?"

"Oh come inside"

"I've been waiting for you to say that"

We got inside the house and I decided that we'll make our project at the library because it's quite, has a lot of space and it's air conditioned.

We're still making the sheet music so this would be a good place to make it.

"So this is day 1 on making our project", I said

We've both decided our instruments. I'll be playing the violin while Sehun will be playing the piano.

I left the library and headed to the music room. I took my violin then headed to my room to take my electric keyboard, I can't bring the whole grand piano to the library right?

With the help of the house maidens, I've returned to the library with both instruments.

I was staring at Sehun when he was pressing random keys at the keyboard. He started playing the composition we decided to play, and carefully chose the right keys for our sheet music.

Staring at him, I tried so hard not to shout. Remembering what happened yesterday. I know Sehun didn't forget about that, but he probably doesn't care..BUT I DO!

That was embarrassing!

I'm surprised that there was no tension inside the library, he was just doing his thing while I was working with the violin. Everything was going smoothly. Indeed surprising from everything that happened between us.

••

"Ugh, I'm so tired", I complained

"It would be better if you work and less not complain"

As always his face being cold

"Okay², I'm working boss"

Then he just stared at me like something bad happen.

"What? What's wrong?", I asked

He pointed at my nose and there was a smudge of ink at the tip of my nose, I feel so embarrassed, to someone I hate seeing me like this.

I must've scratched my nose, my pen was blurting out black ink a while ago.

"You can stop staring at me", as I cleaned my nose. He averted his gaze.

"I didn't, well at least pretend that I didn't"

I shook my head in disbelief, he thought I'll just let it slide.

"Why pretend?, Let's just say you just stared at my pretty face", Giving him a small smirk

"You pretty?, You wish", he said still focusing on the keyboard  pressing random keys making a good melody "And why would I even stare at your pretty face? If you ever had one", giving me bitter smirk, still looking down at the keyboard.

He's really something huh

"How bout..hey...don't you...Oh forget about it", I raised my hand in defeat

After that he didn't say anything else, silence filled the whole room, its like camping but instead of crickets, you can hear a beautiful rhythmic melody from the keyboard.

In different circumstances, this could be romantic.

----------------

The whole afternoon we were just so focus in making the music sheet without any conversations, it was really awkward to be honest. The atmosphere was really silent, Until he spoke up breaking the silence.

"Hey, it's pass 5", he faced the time displayed on his phone "I better get going"

"Okay"

He stood up fixing himself, before proceeding to the door, but I remember that tommorow is Sunday.

"WAIT!", I yelled stopping him.

He turned his back and faced me with a face that can't be described.

"I remembered that tommorow is Sunday, so let's finish this tommorow----same time"

He just nodded his head and proceeded on walking. So that's it nothing more.

I released a deep sigh before cleaning the library, I called someone to help me because there were a lot of crumpled papers on the floor.

I've said sorry to house helpers for not throwing our drafts on the trash can, and just threw on the floor.

I'm so sorry! I just want to feel like a movie star. You know those kinds of movies right? Having a mental block then throwing the papers on the floor. No? Oh okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/21/17
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEN

(For those who doesn't know him he's from the famous heart throbbing group EXO)

Resentment, Anger, and Shame
-Park Jeongsong 2020