"Uh..." I awkwardly said, alerting them of my presence.

"Oh, hello Christina dear. How are you?" My grandmother broke eye contact with Zach and turned towards me, expecting an answer. She acted as if she wasn't ready to rip off Zach's head thirty seconds ago.

"Fine, I'll be out tonight though."

"Really?" She asked, her lipstick stained lips pulled up into a smile. Her eyebrows were raised and she was looking at me weirdly, "do you have a date?"

Zach coughed and I nodded shyly.

"What!" He blurted, his eyes wide. I bit my lip as he continued his yelling, "we've been here for four days and you already have a date with someone! Are you serious? Who is it."

He didn't even give me time to respond before he continued being over-protective and big brother like, "it's the surfer dude. I knew it." When I didn't say anything he started walking out of the kitchen and to the front door, "use protection, and grandma we'll talk later!"

"Zach!" I scolded, embarrassed that he said that to me in front of a seventy year old woman.

"Chris!" He called back mockingly before I heard the front door slam.

Grandma shook her head. "He's a child." I nodded my head in agreement.

***

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Chris! It's for you!" My grandma yelled from upstairs.

"No," I muttered sarcastically before going to the door and swinging it open.

Shockingly, Callum stood there, his arms hanging limply at his sides. He was wearing a dark red t-shirt and had on tan pants.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey," he replied looking me up and down quickly.

I rolled my eyes at his lack of being subtle.

"You look really nice," he complemented.

"Thanks," I replied, grinning, "you don't look too bad yourself."

"Wanna go?"

I nodded, walking out of the door calling a goodbye to my grandma, before shutting it.

"So where are we going?" I asked, looking up at him. It wasn't fair that he was so much taller than me, me being 5'8" didn't think I was considered short, but standing next to Callum, who was at least five inches taller than me, I looked slightly short.

"It's a surprise."

I nodded my head, content. I loved surprises, contrary to what you might think. Yes, stop stereotyping girls for hating surprises, because, surprise, I love them.

"C'mon," he says, taking my hand, "it's not a long walk."

I didn't respond to him, but was very conscious of his large hand holding mine. Our fingers were intertwined together, and I liked the warm feeling that spread throughout my hand.

This wasn't the first time a guy's held my hand, but it felt different when Callum did it. He held it tightly, as if someone would come out of no where and take me from him, and for some odd reason I liked it.

After a few more minutes of walking, I saw the outlined silhouette of a ferris wheel and the bright lights flashing.

I squealed internally, I loved carnivals almost as much as surprises.

"You ready?" He asked. I nodded my head eagerly and he laughed quietly, "well lets go then."

We walked through the gates and got our hands stamped with red ink so we could go on the various rides set up on the grass.

There were so many people and families and I was amazed at how many there actually was. We had to say 'excuse me' so many times making our way through the maze of people.

"What do you want to do first?" He asked sweetly, meeting my gaze.

"Um...that!" I said pointing to a Double Shot ride. I watched as the people went shooting up, and fell back down just as fast.

He smiled, "thats my favorite."

We went on various rides after that, each one as fun as the next. Sometime during our date we bought food and played games, and overall I learned that Callum was a really sweet guy when he wasn't being big-headed and cocky.

It was when we got to the ferris wheel that my stomach started churning, "there's no way I'm going on that." I told him with a serious face.

"Oh, come on! If you don't go on, how am I supposed to kiss you at the top?"

I blushed a little and looked down at my suddenly interesting shoes, "way to be cliché."

"You know you love it," he teased.

I rolled my eyes, "but in all seriousness, I'm not going on."

"Why!" He moaned, "all guys have to bring their dates on ferris wheel's. It's...it's a tradition!"

I raised an eyebrow, "tradition?"

He nodded, "yup. So you have to go on."

I looked away from him and up at the big circular death-trap. Most girls were scared of roller coasters, but nope! I'm scared of the slowest ride at the carnival.

"Please," he said, his hot breath fanning my neck as he got closer to me.

I shook my head, trying to ignore the way he affected me.

"Well," he said raising one shoulder in a shrug, "I guess I'll just have to do this here, then."

Before I could ask him what he meant, his hands were cupping my cheeks and his lips crashed against mine.