[29] alone,

Mulligan was alone. He'd never been alone.

All of his friends came to the funeral, Thomas, and James too. He didn't have any other family, just his parent's friends and acquaintances. It was a small ceremony.

He had a short speech prepared and even though his voice shook the entire time he spoke, he was glad he got to say something to his parents, one last time.

"Love and sorrow, the twins."

"First, comes the love; sweet and strong. Then comes the sorrow that we will never again be together in this life."

Tears streamed down his face.

"I can only pray that we will be reunited in the next, that God would see fit to give us more time. You didn't get enough time."

He looked at Lafayette who tried to smile at him reassuringly but was unable to hide his tears.

"But for now the loss is more than my heart can take and I feel the dark clouds looming in from above to obscure the sun. If love is a sacred gift, then sorrow also, for in its enormity is the proof of what used to be."

He broke.

192 words

I'm sorry; this is sad,

BUT I DIDN'T POST FOR A WHOLE DAY EVEN THOUGH I WAS TEMPTED, ARE YOU PROUD?

anyway,

I'll post later today as promised ofc,

one question tho,

what's your favorite chapter so far?

just wondering

okay,

the next chapter is longer,

I think,

I haven't checked,

maybe I'll just update three times today?

who knows?

ily,