Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen:

"So what exactly kept you so long?" Cyro asked raking his hand through his blonde mess of hair as he and Vance made their way down the school hallway. For a moment Vance's steps seemed to slow but only for a moment before he just gave a simple shrug in response. Cyro felt his eyes narrow as he childishly gave a mock careless shrug as well. "That's it, that's all I get? Did you forget how to form words as well as tell time today?"

Cyro was in no mood to deal with Vance or anyone else it seemed, as they made their way down the school hallway to meet with Maxine and her teacher. Vance had been more than half an hour late, Cyro was sure nearly every other parent from Maxine's class had come and gone, including Lauren's cousin. He'd been too nervous to introduce himself on the walk over to the school even despite the fact he'd ran out the coffee shop with just that intention and when they reached the school he was quickly lost in a sea of parents.

"What's up your ass today?" Vance chuckled, a sound that made Cyro visibly bristle, as he reached out to wrap an arm around his husband's shoulders. He wasn't surprised when Cyro attempted to dodge his arm, more so he'd anticipated it. Shifting slightly he caught the blonde around his waist instead pulling him hard against his chest as they both stopped walking to lean against the wall. "You're really showing your other side today, what's wrong with you?"

"I don't have an 'other side' what are you even saying." Cyro seethed pushing hard against Vance, trying to get free. He didn't want to be touched, he wanted to go home and go to sleep. More than anything he needed to just mentally turn off. He wanted time to not think or do anything, but Vance wouldn't let him go.

"You do have an 'other side' but I think it's cute." Vance insisted wrapping his other arm around Cyro's shoulder's, eliminating any possibility of space that may have been left between them along with any chance of Cyro getting away from him. "I mean when you start saying exactly what you're thinking instead of sugar coating everything. When you make pushy demands and say mean things without realizing it. You know it's almost like throwing a tantrum when being the sweet nice you doesn't get you what you want."

"I just want to know why you were late."

"You don't seem like you're in the mood to hear it." Vance replied, dropping a kiss on the top of Cyro's head as he seemed to finally give up on getting away from Vance. He shrugged slightly, mumbling something barely audible into Vance's chest as he let his arms wrap around Vance's back. It was obvious Cyro wanted to know whether Vance thought he should or not. "Renee came by my office today."

"Why?" Cyro replied tilting his head back to look Vance in the eyes. "Why the hell did you even see her?"

"I didn't say that I saw her, I said she came past my office." Vance replied, frowning at the glare he was receiving. Cyro's voice was harsh, almost accusing, even though there was nothing to accuse him of. He had no control over Renee's decisions or actions but Vance knew saying that would just put Cyro in a worst mood then they'd have a bigger argument than the one they were already heading towards.

"Well did you see her? Did you talk to her about something?" He asked angrily, attempting to pull away from Vance once more.

"Yes, I did talk to her today." Vance sighed letting go of Cyro, who quickly took several steps away from him. It was clear he didn't want to risk Vance grabbing him again. Arms crossed over his chest, blue eyes narrowed in on Vance's gray ones. It was obvious he was annoyed. "She came by, she asked how Maxine was doing, she said she'd been thinking, and she wants to know if you'd let her see Maxine."

"Absolutely fucking not." The words fell from his mouth without thinking but he didn't want to think them over. He didn't want Renee anywhere near Maxine or even Vance for that matter. Cyro looked up at his husband, shaking his head as he stepped closer to Vance once more to jab his index finger into his chest. "You tell Renee, via email, she needs to stay away, from all of us, that's it, bottom line, no excuses."

"Are you sure you-"

"Am I sure what?" Cyro snapped, slamming his palm down on to Vance's chest, cutting him off before he could finish the thought. His grey eyes went wide from shock as he stared down at his husband. "Am I sure I don't want Renee near my daughter? Yes, I am. She had her chance, she had time, she wasted it. She can fuck off."

"No I meant are you sure you don't want to think about this?" Vance sighed looking down the hallway glad no one else was standing around listening to them. For a moment he wondered how many people may have walked by while he hadn't been paying attention but he pushed that thought aside. "I'm just trying to say it's not like you not think over the situation and get everyone's opinion."

"Really? Cause just earlier you said that I make pushy demands and say mean things so maybe this 'other side' is just who I am and you and everyone else need to just get over it." Cyro huffed shoving both hands into the pockets of his jeans, turning away he began making his way down the hall once more.

"Everyone else? Is that why you're angry did something happen with your family?" He could see Cyro visually tensing at his question, his steps quickening, even as refused to look back at Vance. Not that he needed to, it was all Vance needed to let him know he was absolutely right. Pushing away from the wall, Vance followed after him.