35. Our Story

Blossom's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

-Three weeks later-

"Friday!!! Oh my God, it's been so long since I had a girls night!" Alyssa exclaims once I unlock the door and let us enter the house.

"Not really." I chuckle, knowing that Alyssa has different plans on how she is going to spend the night.

Dad is not home since he had to travel somewhere for an important meeting, and since Grace brought her here, I don't think this 'girls night' is going to last for too long.

I'm totally fine with that though, I would want them to have some time to themselves anyway. They recently fixed things between them (they fought last week), so they probably need this more than a girls night.

We all go to the living room and they sit down, turning on the tv, then Netflix. I don't sit down just yet, instead I make my way to the kitchen in order to grab some junk food. I find popcorn, chips and ice tea so I make myself comfortable on the smaller couch once I hand everyone their drinks and their food.

"Ahhh! I'm so excited for the new episode!" An elated Alyssa claps, making us laugh.

"Same." Grace responds, her head resting on Alyssa's shoulder.

With smiles resting on our faces, and popcorn already all over the place, we start watching.

***

"I mean... I knew you guys were going to date from the beginning." Alyssa says as we try to create this unique dessert in the kitchen.

There is chocolate everywhere, and marshmallows are scattered around. For sure it's going to be a struggle to clean this, also clean myself, but I'm having fun. That's all I care about right now.

I don't have problems, I don't have anything at the back of my head. Romeo is spending time with Ariel, Emma is with Tyler, Jason is... God knows fûcking whom, and I'm with the girls. I don't have an abusive brother. I don't have fake parents who show me fake love. My real father found me, and he loves me. I have a perfect boyfriend.

I couldn't be happier.

And I'm not afraid of being happy. It almost feels like I had to go through all that shît to finally get my happy ending. Also yes, I know nothing is going to stay perfect, and I know there will be struggles in the future. But I'm ready.

I'm ready to go through anything, because I have people who support me, who will help me. Most importantly, I have myself. I found the real me, and I love it. I'm stronger, smarter and more confident. I can trust, and I can fall in love.

I've changed.

Or maybe, I always was like this, I just needed something to trigger it, something that could bring out the best in me.

Yes, all the things I've been through were a factor in this change, but Romeo... I can never pay him back for the things he has done for me, to me. He was the one who brought out the best in me, and he still continues to do so.

"Okay I give up." Alyssa drops the spoon in her hand into the sink. "This is totally a fail." Her frustrated expression looks so funny, so Grace and I both start to laugh.

"We need to take a shower." I chuckle, Grace nods frantically at that with her eyes wide open.

"Oh yes. Absolutely." She agrees with me, and I see Alyssa forming a sentence.

Just when she is about to say something, her phone rings. She goes to the living room and picks up the phone.

Grace and I are left in the kitchen, and we both stare at each other with smiles on our faces. I know we are both thinking of the same thing. We are both so grateful to have found each other. We love each other so dearly, and protect one another without a second thought.