27. Mitchell

Blossom's POV

Not edited - Not proofread

"I don't want to go in there..." I whine with my nose scrunched up.

"Come on, Blossie. You've been stressing the fûck out of yourself the past two days just so you can quit now?" Romeo encourages, his words nothing but correct.

We've been sitting in his car, in front of a fancy-looking restaurant for almost fifteen minutes, and all I've been doing is freaking out. I'm not feeling the slightest bit of ready for the father-daughter reunion, even though I knew this day was soon going to come.

The day my father called me was two days ago, and I've been trying to prepare myself for this very moment ever since, just so I wouldn't hesitate before entering the restaurant and meeting him face to face. Romeo was there with me while I stressed like shît - sometimes not acting like myself. The guys came to Romeo's house yesterday, surprising us. We watched a few movies but that wasn't enough to keep my mind off of things either.

It's been hard two days. The short kisses Romeo and I shared were keeping my sanity in check. If he didn't chat with me, or cheer me up, I would have turned into a huge stress ball already. I would have been avoiding this whole situation just because of my insanely amazing ability of fûcking overthinking.

Also - other than the stuff related to my father - Grace called at one point. We talked for long hours. She told me that she and Alyssa were getting so much better. That was an important factor in distracting me. I was elated when I heard the good news, so my mind kept drifting off to it often.

So now I'm seated in Romeo's Mercedes, not even bothering to unbuckle my seatbelt. Right behind the doors of the restaurant, I know there will be my father sitting. I don't know how I'll be able to recognise him though...

"I know... I'm kind of scared that's all." I honestly explain.

He takes a hold of my hand and rubs his thumb back and forth. "There's nothing to be scared of. I'll be waiting right here. You can do this." His words make me wonder how did I get so lucky to have someone as great as him in my life.

A grateful smile appears on my lips. "I'm so lucky to have you here. No matter how much I thank you, it won't ever be enough."

He returns the smile, creating a beautiful sight for my eyes. He then starts leaning in, catching me off guard. I suck in breath, and hold it unconsciously. My heart starts beating faster as he comes closer, soon his lips landing on my ear, touching it very slightly.

"Nonesense." He whispers, making me shiver in delight. His arm stretches across my chest as he pecks the sensitive area behind my ear. I release a huge amount of breath.

Just when I think that things are about to get heated, a clicking sound pulls me out of my trance. Romeo pulls away, leaning back on his seat with a cocky smirk on his handsome face.

This little shît pulled that stunt just to open my seatbelt...

Playfully glaring at him, I take his actions as my cue and step out of the car. The feeling of his kisses behind my ear still clings on it, giving me a boost of confidence. Without giving myself another chance, I enter the massive restaurant.

At first I don't search for him. I only look around, with the curiosity of never being in a restaurant this fancy before, and examine everything slowly. The lights are dim, giving the room an exotic and warm aura. The dark creme walls almost make you want to immediately sit and eat, while the chandelier in the middle of the room shows off the fanciness perfectly. People sitting on the tables are all dressed in their way of casual, which consists of expensive dresses and suits.