13. Pain

Romeo's POV
Not edited - Not proofread

How could I be so stupid?

That's the question that has been in my mind since the morning.

What was I thinking when I took that stupid girl on a date, right where I knew Bloss would be with Josh, just to make her jealous? What was I fûcking thinking?

Did I actaully believe that she would come running to me if she saw me with another girl? She's been seeing me with other girls since beggining of highschool for fûcks sake!

And now she is not at school today. It's after lunch time, and she still hasn't arrived. I called her this morning, but she ignored my call. At first I was thinking that she was just avoiding me, and that she was very angry with me because of last night. Though as the day goes by, I can feel myself starting to worry about her. My thousands of unanswered calls being one of the main reasons.

So many scenarios cross my mind. So many occasions she could have been in, bad things that could have happened to her.

She is probably just sick. I try to convince myself. She is either sick or just hates me so damn much that she doesn't even want to see my face.

Though I can't really wrap my head around her absence. She wouldn't miss school for a stupid reason like me. Blossie never, ever misses school. She once came to school with a fever last year. She was almost dying. I remember always keeping an eye on her, thinking she might faint any second. She really wasn't in a good state that day, but she came nevertheless. I heard her talking to Emma, telling her that her studies were much important, and that she would prefer not staying at home anyways.

I still can't understand why she said that. Any student in our school would prefer staying at home rather than waking up at six in the morning and come here. But I never thought too much of it, she probably had a fight with her parents or something.

"Hey, Emma!" I shout, trying to reach her. The school corridor is crowded as always, but it's eaiser for me to walk through the plathora of students since most of them take a step back to let me walk when they see me. Mostly girls do that really, to check me out.

I might be sounding very cocky right now, but that's because I am pretty cocky to be honest. I know I'm quite the charmer.

"Emma, hold up!" Emma finally hears me and stops before turning around.

Her face doesn't possess her usual, bright smile. She is actually frowning at me, looking very pissed.

She knows what happened doesn't she? Oh perfect.

"What?" She spits.

"Have you seen Blossie?" I ask, hoping to get an answer.

"Why, was your one night stand not enough for you?" Her voice is filled with venom, it's obvious that she hates my guts right now because I made Blossie cry.

Fûck, I made her cry.

The memory of a tear streaming down her cheek flashes through my mind, and I remember the feeling of my heart being squeezed into nothing as I watched it going down her soft, delicate skin.

"Look Emma, I know how it all looks like, and I will explain it all later. But Blossie didn't come to school, and isn't answering her phone."