Chapter 43: This Story's Not Done Till The Lesson Is Learned

Danny, looking scared and shrouded in the shadow, turns intangible, the giant boot squishes him. Danny, still intangible, phases out from under the foot and flies up. He becomes visible once more, the Nutcracker turns and lifts a hand. Then he lunges. Danny leans back as the Nutcracker’s hand grasps him tight, Danny yells in pain. The Nutcracker’s hand slams Danny back--first into a wall, upside down. Cracks appear in the bricks, Danny grunts with effort, his arms out. Danny falls on a purple car with his back on the roof, all the windows shatter and the car alarm goes off.

A shadow grows upon him as the boot of the Nutcracker steps on him and the car. Danny falls back-first into it, bracing himself for impact as a gaping hole is made and chucks of debris fall out. Danny leans down. The boot of the Nutcracker squishes Danny straight through the wall, making an even BIGGER hole. Danny falls on his back on the street, grunting in pain as he uses his hands to sit up when the arm of the Nutcracker, its hand in a fist, comes up.

It raises an arm and charges a pink ectoplasmic ray, leaning forward to blast it. Danny lifts his legs and uses his arms for ballast to stand up, flying off before the blast hits and lifts up a bunch of rocks from the street. Danny flies from behind the shoulder of the Nutcracker with his fists forward and legs in a tail. The Nutcracker’s other shoulder goes to the left as its hand lunges forward, the Nutcracker with an angered expression following.

Danny flies up, with one hand cupped, it starts to glow green, he blasts and lifts it up. The Nutcracker stands straight and marches forward. As the green beam lands on his shoulder, some toys get displaced; a robot, a submarine, a soccer ball, a truck and a box of some sort all fall away. Danny flies fast, his hair is blown back, he charges blast after blast, alternating hands and grunting each time. The Nutcracker marching forward and not flinching, the blows land on his right arm as an owl, a skateboard, a car and a drum fall.

Near his left armpit comes a plane, a football, a clown head, and a stuffed monkey.

From the center of his chest comes a monkey, a football, a plane and a box of crayons, and a green wooden block.

From his right hip a Rubik’s cube, two missiles, a tape recorder and a basket ball backboard/hoop, from his right armpit once more come the familiar block, crayon box, plane, football, clown head, and stuffed monkey. Danny, rather determined, thrusts his hands forward blasting away on the giant Nutcracker.

"You think this can stop me? This bear or this train? I’ll just fire away 'til no pieces remain!" Danny said as he bends over and throws a ball of ecto energy. The crippled Nutcrackerstands there with no emotion as the ball comes closer, pulsing with ectoplasmic lightning.

 In a burst of green light, toys fly out and clear away. Danny falls from the sky and lands on his feet. "Nothing to add?" 

Danny asked. Then the answer, showed up in the form of (y/n), Sam, Tucker and Lancer. And Jazz standing silent, her eyes filled with tears mourning the bear, she had loved all these years. And Tucker, (y/n), and Sam felt that crushing blow, too.

Danny walks up to you three as Lancer and Jazz walk away, depressed. Danny places his hand on Tucker's shoulder, trying to reassure his friend, but Tucker shurgs his hand off. "Danny, don’t." He said. "What’s your deal?" Sam asked him, irked. "I don’t even know you!" You said, tears in your eyes as the three of you walk away. 

It seemed the whole town had come out to proclaim: that Christmas was ruined! The ghost boy to blame.

The people of Amity Park all gather round in the streets, to see the destruction of the Christmas toys. Then they all glare at the one to blame, the ghost boy. Danny looks down at his feet as he turns and flies away. Danny, flying cheerless and alone, his fists out in front of him, his tail cascading in the back. He looks down, swooping the other direction Then lands near a window, walking up with his palms leaning on the pane.