Chapter 18: Fanning The Flames

The next few weeks, we've had a lot of ghost hunting since the fiasco with Poindexter.

One week, Sam and I got really sick so we couldn't do anything or go anywhere. When we finally got better, the boys got sick so Sam and I took care of them and that's when they told us that they delta with a ghost called Desiree, who could grant wishes, and, unfortunately, Tucker wished he had Danny's powers and she granted that wish and Tucker went down a dark path but luckily Danny fixed it. He also got new ghost powers. He can shoot ghost rays out of his hand.

The next week, Danny went to Wisconsin for the weekend because his father had a college reunion that his friend, Vlad Masters, was hosting. Turns out, Vlad has ghost powers too and he was using it to break up the Fenton's because he has a huge thing for Danny's mom.

Another week, Tucker, Sam and I had to break Danny out of Ghost jail because there's this ghost called Walker that is very strict on the rules and said that it was against the rules for bringing something from the human world to the ghost world, which the Ghost Zone was a creepy and, yet, beautiful place.

During Spirit Week at Casper High, I was out of town because my grandma passed away so my parents and I had to go back to (hometown) to go to the funeral. When I got back Danny, after he comforted me about my grandma, told me about a another ghost called Spectra, who feed one people's misery so that she could stay young. Strangely, Jazz came to the rescue and help take down Spectra. But luckily she doesn't know Danny's secret. 

Then another week is one I will never forget, there was a ghost dog that just caused nothing but trouble, especially for Valerie, who I kinda became friends with since both of our fathers work at Axion Labs. I felt bad for her when her father lost his job because of the ghost dog and Danny, who was trying to capture the dog.

At one point, Danny and I were at the park where he tries to train the dog and then they got attack by a hunter. After he runs away from the hunter he comes up to me and told me to hide. "No time." I said and I pulled him to the bushes and pushed him down to the ground, luckily he turns human, and I hover on top of him and kiss him.

At first, he tensed up but then he relaxed and kissed back and wrapped his arms around me. "Ok ghost, time for you to...." said the hunter but stop when she saw us. I break the kiss and turn to the hunter. "Do you mind?" I asked, annoyed.
"Oh gross, I thought you had better taste than that." The hunter said and flew away. The voice sounded really familiar. "That sounded like Valerie." I said then I turn to Danny, who has this smile on his face. "Danny....you didn't think it was a real kiss, did you?" I asked him. He shakes his head and said. "No! Why? Did you?" I shrug and we looked away, embarrassed.

I wanted the kiss to be real but I don't know if Danny likes me in that way but after we dealt with the dog, the day came when mine and Danny's relationship changed.

It started when we were in the Ghost Zone, Sam, Tucker and I were in the Spectre Speeder while Danny was fighting a ghost called Klemper. "Get off me, Klemper." Danny said, who was on his back and Klemper was on top of him. "But I just wanted to be your friend!" He said, smiling gleefully.

"Will someone please remind me why this was a good idea?" Danny asked. Tucker, Sam and I, while sitting the Spectra Speeder, were also wearing these green headphones. I was looking at the headphones when Sam said. "Hey, you're the one who wanted to map out the Ghost Zone." I nod and said. "Yep, it was your good idea that brought you here."  

"You're also the only one that doesn't have to wear these stupid Fenton Phones." Tucker replied then he pushes a button on his PDA and a song comes through our head phones.

​​​​​​Ember....you will remember.....Oh Ember...

​​​​​​"Good thing they also work as wireless earphones because these things are a fashion don't." Tucker said as I roll my eyes. "They're not supposed to look good. They're supposed to filter out spectral noises so we can communicate. Like when I say things like HELP GET THIS THING OFF ME!" Danny said as he continues to wrestles with Klemper.

"They're not stupid. I think they make great techno-earrings." I replied as I look at the side mirrors.

"Really? Hey, maybe I should give a pair to Paulina." Danny said and I scowl.

"Yes, Danny. That's what I'm saying. Give a pair to Paulina." I said, sarcastically, folding my arms across my chest. 

Danny continues to fight with Klemper. Klemper shoot out blue mist at Danny which forms into a cloud on Danny and spreads into an ice block with Danny inside of it. Then two green spots form where his hands are and they increase with intensity, causing the ice to crack. Danny stretches out with his green ghost rays and the ice breaks off. Danny looks behind him and sees a refrigerator behind him and he flies towards it and latches onto the handle while Klemper flies towards him.

He opens the door and Klemper flies into the fridge and Danny slams it shut and uses his ghost rays and fries the handle off. "Ember! So warm and tender!" Tucker sang, very off key I might add, when Danny phases through the bottom of the seat of the Speeder and sat between me and Sam.

He turns to his human form and starts rubbing his hands together and he begins to shiver. "Can a ghost get frostbite?" Danny asked. "Oh, here. My hands are warm." I said as I take his hands into mine. I look down at our hands and I blush. I look up and see Danny looking at me.

He smiles and I smile back then we start to lean towards each other but Tucker ruins it by singing. "Ember! Go Ember!" And he chants that over and over.

Sam rolls her eyes and Danny and I stare at each other for a few moments then he slowly pulls his hands out of mine and puts them on his ears. "I think I'm gonna need my hand for this." He said and I chuckle as Sam steers the Speeder and takes us back home.