Chapter 28: The Million Dollar Ghost

*DANNY'S POV*

"Thanks for driving me to school today, Jazz." I said as Jazz and I walk into the school. "No problem, Danny." She replied.

"Yeah, sometimes it's nice to avoid the bus and quietly and anonymously slip into school." I said just as a red light flashes and a vocie over shouts. "Ghost alert. Ghost alert."  

"Danny!" Jazz shouted then she drops her books and grabs the collar of my shirt and shouts. "Hide!"

I raise an eyebrow at her and asked. "Why?" She looks down at me confused then said. "Um...that's an excellent question!" She let's go of my collar as Sam, Tucker and (y/n) walk up.

"What's going on?" I asked them.

"Didn't you get the memo?" (Y/N) asked me. I shake my head as Sam says. "The school's running ghost drills now."  

"Ghost drills?" Jazz asked confused. (Y/N) points right behind her and I see over her shoulder, Mr Lancer walking down the halls with a purple horned mask on and his hands are above his head. "Oooooh....I am a ghost!" He said in an attempted creepy voice. "Who's that supposed to fool?" Jazz asked and, as if on cue, Dad shows up. "GHOOOOST!" He shouts as he slides in wearing the Fenton Peeler. "I just go the memo! And I know there are ghosts around here!"  

"Dad! No!" Jazz shouted at him.

"It's not a ghost! It's an out-of-shape teacher in a mask!" I said.

"We'll see about that, son. EAT GHOST PEELER, SPOOK!" Dad shouts and he presses a button on the handle of peeler and a huge beam shoots out and hits Lancer. 

Once the beam clears out, there stood Lancer in nothing but what looked like Shakespeare boxers. Lancer looks around in shock as everyone laughs at him. He grabs a portrait of Washington as I bury my face in the palm of my hands. "Wow. He is out of shape." I hear my dad say. I look away from my hand just to see Lancer walking up to me, Dad and Jazz. "I can't give you detention, but someone named Fenton is staying after school." Lancer said as he looks between me and Jazz. "Whoa! Look at the time!" I hear dad and Jazz say together and off they ran, leaving me behind to deal with Lancer.

*YOUR POV*

I was walking in the house when I see mom and dad sitting in the living room, talking amongst each other. "Hi mom! Hi dad!" I greeted as I walk in. They turned to me and I noticed that they have a concerned look on their face. "What's wrong?" I asked as I sit down next to them. "Well, sweetheart....your mother and I have been talking and...well with all these paranormal activities going on around this town....we think it might be better, for your safety....we think it might be better if we moved to a different town." Dad said. 

"WHAT?!" I said, shocked. 

"We just think this town isn't safe anymore." Mom said. "But I like it here! I can't leave Sam, Tucker and Danny!" I exclaimed, angrily. "It's too dangerous here, honey." Dad said. "But everything's fine! There's the Fentons and the Ghost Boy." You said and at that moment the TV blared a story about how the hunt was on Danny since the whole incident at the school this morning.

"Luckily, a mysterious benefactor has offered a million dollar bounty on the head of Amity Parks most famous ghost." The reporter said and I sigh at this. "What a load of garbage! He's protecting us!" I shouted. "Yes, but for how long? What if he turns on us?" Dad said. I shake my head and replied. "He won't. I've met him. He's really nice person and he just want us all safe and sound just as much as we do."

My parents look at me with concern. "Please, mom and dad, I don't want to move! I really like it here! For the first time in a long time, I'm really happy here and I've met people who understand me. Please, please, please!" I begged. My parents look at me then looked at each other. "Well.....alright. Since it's so important to you....we will stay." Dad said. I let out a sighs and go to hug them. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I exclaimed and run up to my room.