033

Elizabeth - @/lizsotobeth11
Brandon - @/brandon_arreaga

Brandon's dms will be on the left and in bold

Charlotte and I pulled up to the front of our house and I opened my door to get out of the car when I noticed that she hadn't moved yet.

"What's wrong?" I asked, ducking my head inside the car so that I could see her face properly.

She looked a pit pale, but that wasn't unusual.

She was fidgeting with her hands and I could tell that she was shaking a little. "I-I haven't been here...I haven't been here in so long.."

She turned her head to look at me and I could see the tears in her eyes that have yet to fall.

"Are Mom and Dad home? How's Frazier? Is he here too?"

I sighed and closed my door and went around to the passenger side. Opening the door I held out my hand for her. I couldn't even imagine how it would feel to be in her shoes. "Well you'll never find out if you don't come inside."

She got out of the car and used a tissue that was in her pocket to wipe her eyes.

"I know that Lizzy, I'm just scared."

We got her stuff from out of the car and walked up to the front door when it suddenly flew open and our younger brother glared at us.

"Ugh, not you. I thought it would be the pizza guy." He left the door cracked so that we could come inside, but he didn't even seem shocked to see Charlotte.

Was I the only one who knew she was coming?

I spun around behind me to look at my sister. "Do Mom and Dad know you're home?" I asked.

"Obviously, who do you think signed the discharge papers."

"Oh."

"Hey dumbasses, our birth givers said to meet them at the restaurant." Frazier yelled probably from the kitchen. "They wanna celebrate the fact that Char is home."

Sometimes I wonder if I was adopted. My family loves celebrating every single thing, even if it's as small as losing a tooth. They'll throw a huge celebration for that. They even once threw me a party for getting my first crush.

And now they wanna go out to some dinner to celebrate the fact that their daughter came back from a hospital that they sent her to.

They could be so weird sometimes.

When we arrived at the restaurant, you could see the dim lighting of the huge place.

We came her often for dinner usually when our parents wanted to tell us something or they wanted us to do things for them.

So I wonder what they really wanted this time.

We walked inside to see a fairly large amount of people dressed in suits and dresses. I was already wearing a skirt today, so I didn't bother to change but Frazier and Char were both in jeans.

I spotted our parents in a secluded area at the back  of the restaurant and we made our way over to them as people stared at us since we were underdressed.

Once we got to the booth that they were sitting at, we squeezed in beside them so that my Mother and I were on the ends facing each other and Charlotte was in the middle while Frazier was beside me and my Dad beside my Mom.

It was awkward for a while before my mother broke the silence.

"So Charlotte, you look well." Her gaze pierced into me while saying this and it didn't shock me that she couldn't tell the difference between Charlotte and I.

My sister coughed from the middle of the booth and my Mothers stare flickered to her as she realized her mistake.

"Oh, I did it again did I?" She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

I looked over at my Father and his face was glued to his phone barely acknowledging us.

"T-Thanks Mom, I feel better." Char stuttered as her eyes looked downward.

"So Adri-I mean Elizabeth, how have you been? You don't have a boy in your life yet do you?" Mother asked.

My Dad laughed and put down his phone which was a first in a long time. "A boy and Elizabeth in the same sentence? What boy would want to date her? She has to many problems and the girl can't even take care of herself." He chuckled and reached for the glass of wine that was on the table before going back to his phone.

"Oh I know. Come on Elizabeth, how many times do I have to tell you that you have to take care of yourself like Adrianna did or else nobody would ever want to marry you." I almost chocked when she mentioned Adri and I felt like crying right there.

I could feel the tears in my eyes and I think that Frazier and Charlotte noticed too.

"Don't bring her into this, let her rest in peace." Frazier spoke.

"Excuse me? I'm just saying that Elizabeth should be more like her sister if she wants to get anywhere in life."

"More like Adrianna? You mean the daughter of yours that killed her self to get away from you guys. I mean I tried to as well but you caught me before I could be happy." The table went dead silent at Charlottes voice.

"You have no right to say that to your Mother Charlotte! I raised you."

"If you call hiring babysitters and leaving the country for months at a time 'raising us' then I guess you did." said Frazier this time.

I was too shocked to move, but I felt a hand on my shoulder pushing me forward.

"Liz, Char come on, we're getting out of here."

And I let Frazier get me out of one of the many terrible situations in my life.

•••

I think this was the longest chapter I've ever written for this book

next update should be in a few hours and it's a chapter too

see y'all then :)

xoxo Janai