Part 9

Flashback.... A time before Lisa had her powers before she lost her world before she had become a hero or a leader.

"Why must you call me Captain?" Lisa asked her boyfriend as she looked at him.

"Come on Lisa, you're the smartest woman or man I know who can take anyone and turn them into a team, I watched you teach them kids last month how to be a better team, and need I point out that you hate football?" Wally said as they walked out of CC Jitters and headed to STAR labs.

"I just feel funny, like your making fun of me or something Wally," she said and turned her head away so he can't see her blush on her cheeks.

"Come on baby, you know I would never be mean to you, your my love." He said as he stopped and pulled her into his arms. "I love you and would never do anything to hurt you," he said as he kissed her cheek and then her neck.

"Wally, Cindy will see us," Lisa had turned nine shades of red as he looked at him and kissed him right back.

"Umm maybe, maybe she'll ask to join us?" he teased her.

"Wally, she's my friend!" Lisa said

Wally grinned at her and kissed her cheek. "I know baby, she just watches every move you make, I know your friends, but I do feel she is wanting more from you." He said with a half shrug.

"So what, you offering to share me?" she said in mock horror.

"Nope, never but maybe." he teased her with a wicked grin. "A boy's got to dream right, two girls in his bed... damn!" he laughed as he shook his head at Lisa's look of horror. "But all kidding aside, you might need to have a word with her, I don't think it's healthy how she pines for you," he said as he got to his door leading to his office. "Dinner after the test on the particle accelerator?" he asked her and she gave him a nod, and then he left her there in the hallway speechless.

"Ms. Snart, you coming?" one of the engineers asked as he held the elevator door open for her.

"Yes, yes sorry." she said with a flush look to her cheeks.

"I know, really I can't wait too!" the man said and Lisa just nodded her head with her mind still on how Wally could spin her world around in just a few words.

Lisa smiled at the man and left the elevator and walked down the hall to hers and Cindy's labs.

"Cindy, I got your coffee!" she yelled as she heard the music playing in the lab. "Umm, what's she working on now?" she mused as she strolled into their shared labs to find her friend.

Cindy did not hear Lisa as she came in and was dancing to the song that was playing.

"Damn, she's good," Lisa said as she watched.

As soon as Cindy saw Lisa watching her dance she gasped and turned her own nine shades of red. "Oh, Lisa!" she said as she covered her face trying her best to fall into a hole in the floor, or so she hoped a hole would suck her into it.

Lisa just smiled at her friend as she walked right up to her and hugged her. "Morning Cindy, I got you coffee," she said and looked into her eyes.

"Umm" Cindy froze as she was hugged and slowly she melted into her friends hug. "thank you," she whispered, not really sure what she was thanking her for, was it the coffee or how she did not seem to mind or how she just knew the best way to save her from her own mind was to hug her.

"No need Cindy, you're my best friend and I would give you anything," Lisa said with a smile as she pulled away. "So we have the test of the particle accelerator today, are we ready?" Lisa said as she went into work mode.