Part 1

Chapter 1.

San Diego is a major city in California, U.S. It sits on the west coast, bordered by the Pacific Ocean on one side. I-8 runs along its border and Mission Valley lies to it's the north. Balboa Park, Hillcrest, and La Mesa surround it. National City is located in the South Bay region, in the southwestern part of San Diego County. To the east of San Diego proper is Mid-City with its trendy urban neighborhoods like Kensington, North Park, Normal Heights, and University, and quieter neighborhoods like Golden Hill and South Park. Mid-City's central locale to urban neighborhoods and easy commuter access has led it to become one of the fastest rising upscale urban centers in the area. It's the home of many technology-based businesses such as the international conglomerate, L-Corp.

At 2 AM in the middle of the work week, most of Mid-City is shut down for the night. Lights are out, doors are locked, and people are tucked safely in their beds awaiting the none too gentle call of their alarms to pull them from their slumbers. On the forty-second floor of the L-Corp building, at the top floor, a single light shines through the wall-to-ceiling windows that marked the office of the CEO. Business with China had ended not long ago, an acquisition nearly went belly-up and some last-minute maneuvering needed to close the deal. One woman, with the aid of her assistant, keeping things not just afloat but moving forward and expanding while the rest of the company slumbers none the wiser. Sitting at her desk, Lena clicks a few keys and hits send on a deal which will mean hundreds of more jobs for her company. It's a great night's...day's sleep.

day's sleep

Bang! Bang!

The sound of shots ringing out made Lena's head snap up. She reached into her second desk drawer, but before she did much more, three men forced their way into her office.

"How did you get in here?" she demanded as she stood up and held her gun just behind her back.

"We let ourselves in!" One man said with an evil grin as he looked at her.

"Oh, don't worry about your assistant. She won't be a problem to anyone anymore!" one of the others said with glee as he aimed his gun at her.

"No!" She aimed her own gun at the one who seemed to have shot Jess and quickly shot him three times in the chest.

"Bitch!" One yelled and aimed at her, but before he or Lena fired, an arrow hit the man in the back. A blast of electricity burst out of the arrow shocking the man and felling him. As his friend looked down the hallway, a woman suddenly appeared and did a flying jump kick that connected with the man's face and took him out cleanly.

The Bowman walked into the room next to the female, his covering the room as if he had years of tactical training.