Chapter||19

Let's make some friends! Comment 'hey' and then respond to someone else's hey with a question!

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs lingering in the air, and after stretching I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

Tyler was cooking food as Jace, Cal, and Hallie sat around the breakfast table, watching him.

"You know, I'm starting to wonder why you're the one who's being paid to be the babysitter." Tyler commented as he flipped an omelette onto the plate and placed it in front of Hallie. Then he flipped another on to a plate and placed it in front of Cal.

Such a show off.

"We didn't have to bring you along you know, just consider this the price you have to pay." I said laughing.

Tyler scoffed and shook his head, "You wound me, Lexi, you do."

"Shut up, Tyler."

"Anyways," Jace said steering us back towards something that mattered. "What do we wanna do today?"

We had three full days left in the cabin before we needed to head back home.

"I've been looking online, and I was thinking maybe today we could go into the town and look around the shops." Tyler said.

"And tomorrow we could go tubing." I volunteered.

"And we could go hiking on Thursday." Jace added.

"Sounds like a plan." Tyler said smiling.

"Let's get to it." Hallie shouted.

...

"Come on Tyler! We're leaving!" I called out as I hopped into the front seat of the mini van.

Tyler ran out while he put his shirt on and I rolled my eyes. Tyler had no sense of urgency and he was always making me late.

He hopped in the back on the other side of Hallie.

"We're off." He said as he backed out of the driveway.

"Like a heard of turtles." I mumbled.

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder lightly. "Lex, Wake up." Jace said softly.

My eyes opened and I looked around the car finding it empty.

"Tyler took Hallie and Cal into some year round Christmas store to use the restroom. You ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I replied as I opened the door and got out.

The street was filled with one story shops that were selling various knick knacks and such. From what I could see there was a small grocery store, and a shoe store across from it.

There was a small restaurant called China Town, and a bit down there was a snitzel place.

A kid's clothing place where we could get Hal a cute dress, and there was a sports place for Tyler, Jace, and Cal.

Jace ran around the side of the car and grabbed my hand. I smiled.

Jace is so cute.

...

We strolled through several shops, looking at everything from jewelry to sports equipment.

After a few hours of shopping we were all famished, so we stopped at a little restaurant on the way out.

Jace and I both got salads, Tyler got chicken tenders, Hallie got grilled cheese and Cal got a sandwich.

The food came out and Tyler looked at Jace, "nice salad Johnson."