Chapter 28- Black Dust and Black Hearts

Elsa
She could feel the terror eating away at her insides, the pain and fear ripping her to shreds. All of it was too much. She just wanted to fall over and have the ground reach up and pull her to her death.
But she couldn't. She had to save them.
She knew it wasn't real, but she couldn't stop it. Every time she watched someone die, she felt a little piece of her heart die with them.
She looked forward, back poised, the image of perfection. But inside, she was fighting for control, fighting to break free from her prison.
Pitch stood at her side, smiling. And she was smiling as well.
***
It was a girl this time. Alexandria, Jack's sister.
She looked the same as the last time she saw her. Brown hair and a small frame. The only difference was her eyes. Her eyes were filled with tears and pain.
"Please my queen, please stop."
Elsa smiled.
A faceless guard stepped forward, sword raised to end Alexandria's life.
"He loved you, you know. It wasn't just a simple dream. It was real."
The sword came down. And the ice queen smiled on. Looking to the endless line of people lined up for death.
***
She could feel herself falling falling falling forever.
Suddenly, someone grabbed her by the waist and lifted her up.
"Don't worry, it'll be okay", Her savor murmured, "I won't let you fall."
He flew with her up and out of the abyss, and landed with her on the top of the North Mountain. The snow and wind was blowing in every direction, and when she looked up at his face, she could feel her insides freeze.
She stood there in the cold, the snow beating at her face, whipping her hair back. She didn't even bother to hold up her hand and stop the storm. She couldn't not when she, the Snow Queen, had frozen. She was too shocked, too scared, and filled with an emotion she'd rather not think about.
She took a slow step forward, and she stopped. She could feel her walls slowly crumbling to shards and dust. The stinging behind her eyes released the tears that she had held back so long. And she only dared to say one word, one word for fear of letting all the rest fly into the storm and never return.
"Jack"