Chapter 27- Remembering How To Breathe

Jack
Jack walked through the town, listening for any hint or trace of where Elsa might have disappeared to.
"Missing."
"Disappeared right before dinner on Tuesday."
"Gone without a trace."
"Dead."
He kept walking.
"All the windows were shut."
"Her room was locked."
"Had to break down the door."
"Dead."
He sped up.
"Heard that all that was left was an open window, three stories above the ground."
"Not a thing out of place, gone like the wind."
"The castle guards said that all they found, was black dust."
He stopped.
Pitch. Of course Pitch would have a hand in this. And he started running.
***
When he reached the city limits, he jumped up into the sky, scanning anywhere and everywhere for a sign of Pitch or the lost queen.
Ana and Kristoff had mentioned a palace of ice. Somewhere up on the North Mountain.
That's where he would start.
***
The ice castle was beyond words.
Towers and spirals of ice wound up the sides. Sleek sculptures of ice in the snow. Every side and slope is unique.
On one of the highest stories there is a balcony with the doors wide open.
Jack flew up and landed on the ice floor, then walked into the room.
The doors slammed shut behind him.
He whipped around with his staff held out in front of him.
Well, well, well... If it isn't Jack Frost.
"Pitch", he ground out, glaring at all the shadows, "Where's Elsa?!" He demanded.
That isn't a way to meet an old friend is it?
"I'll give you one more chance, where is Elsa?!"
This is terribly impolite of me, I haven't seen you in such a long time.
The Boogeyman stepped from the shadows, smiling.
"If you don't tell me where Elsa is, I will blast you to pieces!"
"If you think you can defeat me with such a trivial weapon, than you are much more of a dunce than I previously thought."
"I did it before, I can do it again."
"Ah, but you forget. That was then, this is now, I am much more stronger now."
Jack simply glared at him.
"But if you do insist in seeing your precious Elsa...", Pitch waved his hand, and a door that Jack had not seen earlier opened, "... Then you are by all means welcome."
Laughing, Fear disappeared into the shadows.
Cautiously, Jack crept toward the open door.
He rushed forward as soon as he heard the screaming. Unrestrained, horrified terror and pain.
Inside, there was a cage made of ice and black dust. The dust melted through the floor to places beyond.
And inside the prison, huddling in the corner, was where the screaming came from.
Elsa.