Chapter 8: I'm Tatum Welsh

School was . . . weird to say the least. People kept giving Sebastian and I funny looks in the halls. Sebastian made an effort to keep calling me Harper and not Tatum. He would slip up every now and then but no one noticed. It was pretty obvious that 'Sebastian and Tatum' were over. We made that a clear point. Now everyone thinks he's just dating Harper. It was weird because I didn't know how Harper acted with her boyfriends so I would be super sweet with Sebastian with a hint or two of Harper. Everyone else I was bitchy with. It was pretty strange and a very big change but it sounded much better than jail. I would just have to suck it up.

"So what do you wanna do for the rest of the day Harper?" Sebastian asked putting emphasis on my 'new' name. He had his arm around me and we were making our way out of school. No we weren't skipping we just didn't have any classes together.

I was about to answer when we passed by Hunter. Just like Sebastian did he did a double take. His eyes widened and his skin paled. He looked like he just saw a ghost. I was about to give him a polite smile when I realized that I wasn't me. I was Harper. Instead I rolled my eyes and looked away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Hunter and Sebastian exchange looks. Sebastian gave him an 'I'll explain later' look. Hunter quickly walked off. Was that weird or what?

"What was that about?" I asked.

"What was what about?" Sebastian replied as if he didn't know what I was talking about. Clearly we both knew exactly what I was talking about. I gave him an impatient look.

"You and Hunter. I thought you two hated each other." I questioned.

"We've found out we have a lot more in common than we thought is all." He replied in a mysterious way. Well it seemed mysterious. He was giving me the least amount of information possible and I had no idea later

"When was this?" I asked curiously.

"It doesn't matter can we just not talk about it?" he snapped as if he was uncomfortable.

"Fine. You better not tell him about my situation ok? As far as he's concerned I've always been Harper." I said sternly

"Whatever." He replied with attitude. Ugh what was with the attitude?

I rolled my eyes and removed myself from under his arm. I began to speed walk ahead to the car. I made it there before him. By the time he entered the driver's seat I was sitting with my arms crossed and my face towards the window. He didn't even try to see what was wrong. He ignored the way I was acting the entire ride home. The tension in the car was overwhelming. Once he stopped the car I hopped out and began speed walking away. Instead of walking to his house like normal, I walked to mine.

"Tatum wait!" he shouted after me.

I turned back around and gave him the nastiest look possible. If there was a facial expression that gave the same vibe as a hiss that's what I gave him. My heart slightly melted that he called me Tatum instead of Harper but it was risky. Luckily no one was around. I continued my trek to the house and opened it quickly. When I turned around to close it I saw him coming after me. I closed the door quick and leaned my back on it. I sighed and slid down to the ground with my back still on the door. Today was one big bleh.

****

I was sitting on my bed, AKA Harper's bed, and was reading a book. Suddenly Harper's phone started to buzz on the dresser. A hologram appeared over the phone and displayed a name, and a face indicating I had an audio text. I groaned and tried to ignore it but the phone kept buzzing. I sighed and folded a corner of the page, closing it and placing it to the side. I got of the bed and went to listen to the text.

"Ohmigod Harper where were you today? Why did you ditch us? I'll be over in ten." The voice of Melissa one of Harper's friends sounded from the phone. I groaned again. I wasn't in the mood to play Harper right now. I wanted to be Tatum. Good enough ten minutes later the doorbell sounded. I sighed and went downstairs to answer it. Melissa was just like Harper to be honest. Only difference? She was Asian.