Chapter 3: What The Hell?!

One agonizing hour later my clone class was over. I scooped my notebook in my arms and threw my backpack over my shoulder. I kept my head down and hurried out of the room. I was brushing a strand of stray hair from my face when I felt a tap at my shoulder. Why couldn't people just leave me alone? Sure I was the only clone in this class but still . . . I’m not a zoo animal. I turned around to see a guy. He had long blonde hair pulled into a bun and a kind smile on his face. His blue eyes were mesmerizing but that was the only thing that really caught my attention. He seemed like an average guy.

“Hi,” he said. “Tatum right?” I shook anyway my thoughts and gave a polite smile.

“Yeah I'm Tatum.” I replied.

“I'm Hunter. You’re a clone right?” he grinned as he eyed me up and down. Oh crap I should've asked for his name. I mentally slapped myself for being rude.

“Yeah I am-“ I started but stopped when someone grabbed my forearm and dragged me away from Hunter. I looked to see that it was Sebastian who had done so. What was his problem? I opened my mouth to ask him but he spoke before me.

“You shouldn't talk to him.” he grumbled.

“Who Hunter?” I asked confused. I stared back after Hunter to see him glaring at the back of Sebastian's head. His eyes met mine and his expression softened into a smile. I gave him an apologetic smile back. Then we turned the corner and my vision of him was gone.

“Yeah him. He's. . .” Sebastian trailed off.

“He's nice.” I finished for him. “Why did you do that Sebastian? It was really rude.” I said as I snatched my arm his hand. I stopped walking and crossed my arms. Sebastian stood before me and smoothed a hand over his hair.

 “He's just not who you think he is that's all.” he said snapped as he bit his lip. It made me wonder if something had gone down between the two. I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever so besides your obvious conflict with Hunter, why did you drag me over here? I thought you were mad at me?” I questioned.

“Yeah about that I just wanted to say that I was sorry I snapped at you like that. It’s just clones have it hard enough as it is. We don’t need a human hearing you talk like that and thinking your plotting some world domination crap. That makes the rules stricter and the rest of our lives hell.” He whispered.

What Sebastian was saying did make a lot of sense. I did feel a little bad on my part it’s just this is all so unfair! Clones are exactly like humans. Well except for the fact that we can’t reproduce but still! We should have equal rights.

“No I totally understand,” I replied with a smile. “So were good now?”

"Yeah were good.” Sebastian chuckled.

“Well that’s a relief because I thought I wasn’t going to have a ride home!” I teased.

“Jeesh Tatum how mean do you think I am?!” he exclaimed with mock hurt. I shook my head and laughed.

“What class do you have next?” I asked.

“Um,” I paused trying to remember my schedule. “Time Travel room 516.”

“Huh that’s weird. Me too,” he stated. “Shall we?” he asked as he held his arm out for me. I gave him and look and he gave me one back.

“Really Sebastian?” I giggled.

“Come on don’t leave me hanging Tate.” He said with a crooked, goofy grin. I couldn’t help but have a rush of happiness at the nickname he’d just created for me. It was stupid I know but for some reason I was happy. I felt my face heat up as I looped my arm in his and we walked to class.