Chapter 7:Weird Events and Great Plans

I was laying on Sebastian's bed. I had taken off my shoes and left my socks on so I could put my feet on the wall. He had some music on and we were just enjoying each other's company. That and I was stalling to go home. Like I said I wasn't a hundred percent sure that Clarissa killed the Stacey's but I was still suspicious and a little afraid. I mean what if I was next? He was sitting up write next to me while he dangled one of those hologram tablets in his lap. He was engrossed in the tablet and I was engrossed in my thoughts.

I was really glad that I went to see Sebastian. It had made me feel totally better. Before I thought it was the end of the world. I didn't know what to do. I felt so guilty and scared and hopeless. He had helped me see that everything would be ok and we would take each problem one step at a time. For now it seemed that everything was going to be alright. That was until Mrs. Downing came into the room hysterical crying.

"Sebastian! Oh Sebastian!" she exclaimed. You could see the tears gleaming in her eyes as if she had crystals for eyes. Sebastian shot out of bed and turned off the music. I quickly removed my feet from the wall and stood up next to him.

"What happened?!" he asked with concern as he put a comforting hand on Mrs. Downing's shoulder.

"Clyde he's," she paused and sniffled. "He's missing!"

"Missing?" I blurted out in shock. She nodded sadly and continued.

"He didn't show up at his friend's house today and he freaked and called me. I came home to see if he wasn't feeling well or something. He wasn't here. I tried to calm down and convince myself that everything was ok and that he would be home when I got back. I went out again and when I came back he still wasn't here. I've tried all of his friends and Harper but she isn't picking up either. I tried the police but he hasn't been missing for forty-eight hours yet so they won't do anything." She sobbed.

My body stiffened at the mention of Harper. Of course she wasn't answering her cell phone. She's dead.

Sebastian's expression changed to one of annoyance then back to concern. Gosh well that was strange. It was like I could see the gears in his head turning.

"It's going to be alright. I'm sure he just got drunk and passed out somewhere. I'm sure he'll be back here in the morning." Sebastian said with a wave of a hand.

"I hope so." Mrs. Downing's sniffled.

"Well I'm sorry to hear this Mrs. Downing. I hope he turns up soon." I said as I went to give her a hug. She squeezed me tight. "I'm gonna go. Call me if anything." I added to Sebastian as I gave him a peck on the cheek and a squeeze on the arm. He gave me an awkward half smile.

"Bye dear and thank you. I hope so too." Mrs. Downing replied.

"Bye Tate." Sebastian called after me as I made my way down the stairs and exited the house.

Things were just absolutely crazy all of a sudden. First the Stacey's are dead and now Clyde is missing. I mean at least he won't be looking for Harper, his girlfriend, who is now dead. The thought made me sick but not as sick as I felt making my way to the front door. I had no idea what was awaiting me but I was going to have to deal with it sooner or later. I couldn't be homeless forever.

I gulped as I made my way to the front door. I realized that I had thrown the bloody/dirty clothes away along with the key to the house. I remembered the Stacey's had a hiding place for a spare key under one of the fake plants they had next to the front door. I lifted up the plant and felt around until my fingers touched cool metal. I put the key in the lock and opened the door. Surprisingly Clarissa was waiting for me on the couch. The TV was off and she was sitting with her hands folded neatly on her lap and her head down. For a moment I thought she was asleep but then I saw her eyes blink. She seemed like she wasn't aware I was even in the room but I knew that she was aware I was here.