TD- 73

Her eyes were swollen and her cheeks were red when they reached their house. She saw Elle lying down her small bed lifeless. She remembers hugging her for the first time as if she was their daughter.

Elle is a gift she would repeatedly ask for. Elle is a diamond to her. As precious as their daughter. Elle is not just a dog. Elle is her ultimate bestfriend.

She kneeled down and took her, carried her on her arms as if she was alive. Aga on the other hand was hurt. If there is one person who bears the huge amount of pain, it's his wife.

When it has come to her knowing that Elle died, her tears didn't stop streaming down her face. She was just hugging Aga tight, crying on his shoulder.

Aga loves Elle. He remembers Elle is the reason why he was able to pursuade Lea on going with him to his cousin's birthday and to finally meet Aga's family. It was a precious night. Thanks to Elle.

Elle is their happy pill. Whenever they both go home after work, Elle would ease the tiredness by just licking their feet and be as clingy as what she really is.

When they decided to separate, Lea took Elle with her. Elle maintained their constant communication. By Aga going to Lea's unit just to get Elle and tour her around or he would ask Lea if he could be with Elle for a day or two.

Elle is their red string, they both thought.

Elle is one of the million reasons why they are still binded today.

And now, Elle is gone.

He kneeled down and rubbed his wife's back. He gently kissed her forehead, "Stop crying, babes."

"I miss her. I miss her already. Babes, baka pwede pa. Baka we could still bring her to her vet." Lea was looking at him, her eyes were helpless and her voice was cracked.

He shook his head, "Babes."

"I cannot let her go, babes. I can't." she tells.

She looked around only to see Gale, holding her bear, crying hard, too. She was mouthing Elle's name. Elle had also been Gale's bestfriend. When Gale was three years younger, it has come to their knowing that she was allregic to dogs. But with Elle, she had no problem. Maybe she was just being so biased that she could hug Elle all she wants but couldn't hug other dogs.

"Babes, bitawan mo na siya. You might get sick." he told her. He once again kissed her head, "Akala ko ba, we have to accept when one has to leave?"

"But not Elle. Not her."

"Alam mo, babes--" he started telling something. Lea didn't look at him, "-- when I was young (and unafraid), my lola told me, kapag namamatay ang aso, may sinesave siyang buhay ng tao. Baka siya 'yong sumalo ng death." he tells.

Lea looked at him and squinted her eyes, "What are you trying to tell me?"

"Maybe she saved me. What if I--"

She rolled her eyes at me, "Pwede ba, Aga?!"

He just looked at her, "Seriously."

"You know I am more than serious here." she retorted. "We shouldn't be thinking of death!"

"But Elle--"

She stood up, "No one is dying anymore. Elle died. That's the story. Myth lang 'yang sinasabi mo sa akin."

"Hindi ko naman sinabing maniwala ka, babes." he chuckled, "I was just telling a story."

She rolled her eyes again, "Ayaw ko ng ganyang story, Aga Muhlach."

He thinks she has recovered from Elle's death already. He smiled, "Ang ganda mo talaga kapag bagong iyak ka. Sobrang pula ng mukha mo a--"

"Masaya ka bang namatay si Elle?" she seriously asked him.