Heri shrug his shoulders. "I don't know. I guess I was blinded for too long. It felt like I was being mind controlled by that hyena matriarch Marjani. She raised me to become someone I'm not. Someone who's a killer and to help her get what she wanted which was revenge. She wanted to live back in the Pride Lands. Marjani claimed that grandpa Simba kicked her and her clan out of the Pride Lands because, they help defend Scar when he was King."

"Wow..."

"She said that her and her clan are innocent. They needed food and water. Being future King there I was going to help them by killing our father..."

I furrow my brows. "That's awful. Well, I'm glad you've changed your mind Heri. If you've done that, you definitely wouldn't be accepted back into the Pride. Everyone would have named you a traitor or disgrace. What made you turn your mind around?"

"Amwa, Rafiki's daughter. She really helped me a lot. I truly appreciate it." Heri said, smiling. "Without her, I don't know if I'd be here now as we speak."

"Well, that's good. So brother if father does accept you back into Pride, what do you think will happen next? Will you marry Auni? I see how you two been acting lately. You seem pretty attached. I always dreamed of that happening one day with you love birds!"

"Actually Makosa, that is what I wanted to talk to you about."

My eyes widen with surprise. "Wait, your going to marry her for real? Congrats big brother!" I gave him a hug.

He hugs me back. "I will, but there won't be a wedding any time soon. I want to wait a while. It has been a long time since Auni and I have last seen each other. I rather us both take things slow and get to know each other again. But that's not the reason why I wanted to talk to you, Makosa."

"Well, what is it?"

"You know if father does allow me back into the Pride, you know titles will be changed?"

I lift a brow. "Meaning?"

Heri looks nervous. He bites down on his bottom lip. "Meaning that I'll become the new future King."

"No..."

"Uh, yeah."

I stand up with a frown. "Really Heri! You come down here to find me and tell me in my face that you're here to take the crown away from me? Wow, you are so selfish just like the hyenas. How could you?!"

Heri stands up as well. He looks sad. "I didn't mean for it to come out that way, Makosa and I am not selfish. I didn't know no other way to say this. The truth had to come out sooner or later. I'm pretty sure mother and father are going to tell you the same exact thing."

"No, they can't..."

"What do you mean they can't? Makosa, it is a part of the royal law. You know the oldest is next in line for the throne. I was born before you. It's not a choice to be made."

"Oh look who's been catching up with the King lessons. I bet Amwa taught you that back at her tree huh?" I say, sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

Heri furrow his brows. "Makosa I'm being serious."

"I am too. Mother and father can't just take away the crown from me. All of that hard work I have done while you were away. I had to go on so many lessons and trainings with father and Zazu. I remember I couldn't even hang out with my friends because of that. That's like wasting my time if I give up my spot as future King. I tried my hardest Heri! You don't know what I've been through. I was forced to become future King!"

"You're right Makosa, I don't know what you have been through and neither do you know what I've been through. We both were going through stressful times. It's okay! Let's erase that and start over. Think about this."

I walk away with a low growl disappearing in the grass. "I have thought about it and I am not going to give up my position. Not for something I've worked extremely hard for. You've come at the wrong time brother."

Heri slightly jogs up to my right side. "Makosa you know if you don't give up the position, we will have to fight one on one? I'm trying to avoid that now by talking to you and hoping that you would understand."

I didn't say anything but pick up my walking speed.

"Please Makosa, think about this. Weather you like or not, it is going to happen. Your going to have to step down. Maybe Amwa or father can find another job for you."

I growl. "I don't want another job. Now please, leave me alone. Go back to the Out Lands!"

With that, I ran off to Pride Rock leaving Heri behind. I begin to boil inside. Now I really want the hyenas to their job. He can't just come up here and stop things. Like what the hell?! Last time I've checked, mother and father are in charge of things that go on around here.

In fact, I am going to have a talk with them now...