And just like that your heart melts. How does he always know the perfect thing to say?

"Okay daddy," Isla replies. I love you mummy," she adds and hugs you as well as Bucky squeezing you tighter against him.

"I love you too sweetie." You whimper, the first thing you've said in the last few hours since you screamed at Jake. "I love you all so much."

"We love you too, don't ever forget that." Bucky murmurs in your ear and kisses your hair.

You look up at Luke who is kind of just standing in front of you looking all apprehensive and scared.

"Lukey, you okay?" Bucky frowns concerned as if reading your mind.

"Who... who was that?" He stutters out cautiously.

You're heart sinks. How are you going to tell him that he is of that scum bags blood? But at the same time this puts a new found fire in your belly and gives you the strength to realise that this was scary and traumatic for everyone, each in different ways, not just you. This news will shake Luke for a long time probably.

You and Bucky exchange sideways glances.

"I, um, I think I'm gonna go help Peggy." Steve mumbles and points to the door before shuffling out.

You can't blame him.

"Thanks Steve," Bucky says before continuing. "Luke, you know how we've always told you that I'm not your actual father?"

"Yes, but to me you are my dad." Luke nods and your heart swells.

"Well. That Luke." Bucky huffs with dread. "That was your biological father."

Luke's face goes visibly paler.

"That's my real father?" He frowns and gasps.

You just hope it's not in excitement.

Bucky seemingly flinches at the notion of the idea too. This must be hard for him.

"You mean I'm related to him?" Luke carries on.

Damn it, why does he have to be so smart and understand all this stuff.

"Ah, yes," you say just cutting to the chase and kind of dreading his answer.

You have no idea what to expect. He might get really upset that he's related to someone like that. Or even worse, what if he were to want to get to know him since he's technically his actual father? Not that you'd ever consider him to be; Bucky's his dad. Bucky's taught him all he knows.

You think you would actually be heart broken if he asked to see Jake again. Not that you're one of those crazy overprotective ladies, you genuinely just don't think it's safe for Luke to be dragged into an environment or be around someone like that.

"A-am I going to turn out like him?" Luke asks, his voice full of dread and concern.

You hesitate to answer but at the same time a wave of relief washes over you.

"Because... I-I don't want to be anything like that," he continues and then next thing you know his bottom lip drops and his eyes become teary.

Instinctively you hand Theo over to Bucky and rush over to Luke, dropping to your knees and wrapping your arms around him, holding him against your chest before he can start to cry too much. You softly stroke the back of his head, running your fingers through his short blonde hair soothingly.

"Shhh, shhh Luke it's okay. You are nothing like him and you never will be. You are ten times the man he is and you have more goodness in your left pinky than he does in his entire body. I'm so sorry you had to see that. I never thought he would show up." You whisper sadly to him as he hugs you back.